About Johnny Orr
Late college basketball coach who became the winningest coach in the history of both the Michigan Wolverines and Iowa State Cyclone programs. At Michigan, he won the Henry Iba Award as the College Basketball Coach of the Year in 1976
Johnny Orr Before Fame
He attended Taylorville High School, where he led the basketball team to a 45-0 record and a state title in 1944.
Achievement of Johnny Orr
He was named as one of the 100 Legends of the IHSA Boys Basketball Tournament in recognition of his outstanding high school career.
Johnny Orr Family Life
He was survived by his wife, Romie, and three daughters named Rebecca, Jennifer and Leslie.
Associations of Johnny Orr
He and John Beilein have both coached the University of Michigan's men's basketball team.
Information related to John Orr
- John Leonard Orr An American former firefighter, novelist, and convicted arsonist.
- John Boyd Orr, 1st Baron Boyd-Orr A Scottish teacher, doctor, biologist and politician who received the Nobel Peace Prize for his...
- John Henry Orr A Scottish police officer and was the first Chief Constable of the Lothian and Borders Police.
- John Herbert Orr An Alabama entrepreneur who formed Orradio Industries, Inc., a high-technology firm that...
- John Orr (bishop) A 20th-century Anglican Bishop.
- John Orr (businessman) An Irish South African businessman who founded the department store John Orr's, eventually sold...
- John Orr (police officer) A senior police officer and the Chief Constable of Strathclyde Police between 1996 and 2001.
- John Orr (rugby union) A Scottish rugby football player.
- John Stewart Orr A 20th century Scottish medical physicist and researcher.
- Johnny Orr (basketball, born 1918) An American professional basketball and semi-professional baseball player during the 1940s.
- Johnny Orr (basketball, born 1927) An American basketball player and coach, best known as the head coach of men's basketball at the...
- John Orr (bowls) A Scottish international lawn bowls player who competed in the 1930 British Empire Games.
- John Orr (priest) An 18th-century Irish Anglican priest.