Jonathan Johnson Gomes is an American former professional baseball outfielder and coach. He is the minor league outfield and baserunning coordinator for the Arizona Diamondbacks of Major League Baseball. He played in MLB for the Tampa Bay Devil Rays/Rays, Cincinnati Reds, Washington Nationals, Oakland Athletics, Boston Red Sox, Atlanta Braves, and Kansas City Royals from 2003 through 2016.
About Jonny Gomes
MLB left fielder who began his career with the Tampa Bay Devil Rays in 2003; helped the Boston Red Sox win a World Series Championship in 2013.
He was 16 when his best friend, Adam Westcott, was killed in a car accident where he was the passenger; he had Westcott's initials tattooed on his right bicep.
He was an avid supporter of the Boys and Girls Club and played with a pink bat on Mother's Day 2006 in support of the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation.
He fathered a child with his wife, Kristi Widlak.
He was suspended for five games in 2008 after an altercation with Coco Crisp.
Information related to Jonny Gomes
- Princeton Devil Rays players
- Boston Red Sox broadcasters
- Orlando Rays players
- Águilas de Mexicali players
- Bakersfield Blaze players
- Tohoku Rakuten Golden Eagles players
- Major League Baseball designated hitters
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays players
- Tampa Bay Rays players
- Mesa Solar Sox players
- Washington Nationals players
- Louisville Bats players
- Sportspeople from San Francisco
- Minor league baseball coaches
- Major League Baseball left fielders
- American expatriate baseball players in Japan