José Antonio Bautista Santos, nicknamed Joey Bats, is a Dominican former professional baseball right fielder and third baseman. He has played in Major League Baseball for the Baltimore Orioles, Tampa Bay Devil Rays, Kansas City Royals, Pittsburgh Pirates, Toronto Blue Jays, Atlanta Braves, New York Mets, and Philadelphia Phillies. Bautista's professional career began when the Pittsburgh Pirates selected him in the 20th round of the 2000 MLB draft. In 2010, he became the 26th member of the 50 home run club, while leading MLB in home runs for the first of two consecutive seasons. From 2010–2015, Bautista hit more home runs than any player in the major leagues. An MLB All-Star selection six consecutive times, he has won three Silver Slugger Awards and two Hank Aaron Awards. In addition, he has received the American League Player of the Month Award, five times, and the AL Player of the Week, four times. Before being traded to the Blue Jays, Bautista primarily played third base.
|Twitter:||José Bautista's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||José Bautista's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||José Bautista's Facebook profile|
About Jose Bautista
All-Star MLB outfielder who led the major leagues in home runs in 2010 and 2011 while playing for the Toronto Blue Jays. In 2018, he signed with the New York Mets.
Jose Bautista Before Fame
He attended Santo Domingo's De La Salle High School and also Chipola College, before being selected in the 20th round of the 2000 MLB Draft by the Pittsburgh Pirates.
Achievement of Jose Bautista
He was named to four straight American League All-Star teams from 2010 to 2013.
Jose Bautista Family Life
He had his first daughter, Estela Marie, with his girlfriend Neisha Croyle in 2011. They had a second daughter, Ava, a year later and eventually married in 2017. His brother Luis was drafted by the Chicago Cubs.
Associations of Jose Bautista
He broke George Bell's Blue Jays single-season home-run record in 2010 when he knocked 54 out of the park.
Information related to José Bautista
- 50 home run club - In Major League Baseball, the 50 home run club is the group of batters who have hit 50 or more home runs in a single season. Babe Ruth was the first to achieve this, doing so in 1920.
- Toronto Blue Jays award winners and league leaders - This is a list of award winners and league leaders for the Toronto Blue Jays of Major League Baseball.
- PUCMM alumni
- Chipola Indians baseball players
- American League home run champions
- Williamsport Crosscutters players
- Gulf Coast Blue Jays players
- Sportspeople from Santo Domingo
- Hickory Crawdads players
- Dominican Republic expatriate baseball players in Canada
- Tigres del Licey players
- Gulf Coast Pirates players
- Lynchburg Hillcats players
- Tampa Bay Devil Rays players
- New Hampshire Fisher Cats players
- Silver Slugger Award winners
- Altoona Curve players
- Dunedin Blue Jays players
- Major League Baseball right fielders