Joseph Young was an early convert to the Latter Day Saint movement and was a missionary and longtime general authority of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. He was an elder brother of Brigham Young.
About Joseph Young
Basketball player who became an All-Conference USA selection at Houston University before transferring to the University of Oregon in 2013. He previously attended Yates High School, where he led the team to a perfect 34-0 record.
He led the Yates High School Lions to two consecutive Class 4A State titles.
He scored 43 points during the T-Mobile Invitational championship game and was named the game's MVP.
His father, Michael, was also a star player at Houston University whose jersey was retired by the school.
He and Luke Ridnour both played basketball at the University of Oregon.
Information related to Joseph Young
- S. Dilworth Young : grandson.
- Seymour B. Young : son.
- Converts to Mormonism from Methodism
- Religious leaders from Massachusetts
- American Mormon missionaries in Canada
- Leaders in the Church of Christ (Latter Day Saints)
- Richards–Young family
- Members of the Utah Territorial Legislature
- Presidents of the Seventy (LDS Church)
- Members of the Council of Fifty
- Doctrine and Covenants people
- American Mormon missionaries in the United Kingdom
- Burials at Salt Lake City Cemetery
- 19th-century Mormon missionaries
- American general authorities (LDS Church)
- Mormon pioneers
- American Mormon missionaries in the United States