Josh Blue is an American comedian. He was voted the Last Comic Standing on NBC's reality show Last Comic Standing during its fourth season, which aired May–August 2006. Blue has cerebral palsy, and much of his self-deprecating humor is centered on this.
|Born:||Nov 27, 1978, Cameroon|
|Medium:||Stand-up, television, film|
|Genres:||Observational comedy, blue comedy|
|Subject(s):||Self-deprecation, physical disabilities, everyday life|
|Spouse:||Yuko Blue (December 6, 2007 – 2014)|
|IMDb:||Josh Blue's IMDb|
About Josh Blue
Perhaps most famous as the fourth season winner of the NBC reality series Last Comic Standing, this cerebral palsy-afflicted comedian also appeared on the Comedy Central program Mind of Mencia, as well as on Comics Unleashed and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
He started perfecting his self-deprecating brand of stand-up comedy while studying creative writing at The Evergreen State College in Olympia, Washington.
He was the 2004, $10,000 winner of the Royal Flush Comedy Competition at the Las Vegas Comedy Festival.
He was born in Cameroon, West Africa, to American parents and was raised primarily in Saint Paul, Minnesota. He later settled in Denver, Colorado, with his wife Yuko and his children Seika and Simon.
He and Breaking Bad actor and fellow cerebral palsy sufferer RJ Mitte created, respectively, comedic and dramatic characters who were enriched, rather than diminished, by the disability.
Information related to Josh Blue
- Steady Eddy – Australian comedian with cerebral palsy.
- Lee Ridley – British comedian with cerebral palsy.
- Tyler Bennett - Tyler Bennett is an American Paralympic footballer from Akron, Ohio who won a silver medal in 2010 at the 2010 FIBA Americas Championship and gold medal at the 2016 Summer Paralympics.
- 7-a-side footballers at the 2004 Summer Paralympics
- Last Comic Standing winners
- People with cerebral palsy
- The Evergreen State College alumni
- American people with disabilities