Joshua Clark Davis is an American former competition swimmer, Olympic gold medalist, and former world record-holder. Davis represented the United States at two consecutive Summer Olympics. Margaret Swan Forbes taught him how to swim.
About Josh Davis
U.S. Olympic swimmer and former world record-holder who won three gold and two silver medals in the 1996 Atlanta and 2000 Sydney Olympic games.
He was a special-teams star dating back to high school. He went on swim for the University of Texas at Austin.
He was named as the first coach of Oklahoma Christian University in 2016.
He fathered six children with his wife, Shantel.
He followed in the backstrokes of Mark Spitz, who was another swimming gold medalist, winning seven medals at the 1972 Olympics.
Information related to Josh Davis (swimmer)
- Bill Boomer , swimming coach.
- World record progression 4 × 200 metres freestyle relay - This article includes the world record progression for the 4×200 metres freestyle relay, and it shows the chronological history of world record times in that competitive swimming event.
- Texas Longhorns men's swimmers
- Swimmers at the 1995 Pan American Games
- Olympic silver medalists for the United States in swimming
- American male freestyle swimmers
- Sportspeople from San Antonio
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in swimming
- Olympic swimmers of the United States