Josh Fox is an American film director, playwright and environmental activist, best known for his Oscar-nominated, Emmy-winning 2010 documentary, Gasland. He is one of the most prominent public opponents of hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling. He is the founder and artistic director of a film and theater company in New York City, International WOW, and has contributed as a journalist to Rolling Stone, The Daily Beast, NowThis, AJ+ and Huffington Post.
|Born:||New York City, U.S.|
|Occupation:||Documentary filmmaker, environmental activist, playwright, theatre director|
|Known for:||Gasland (2010), Gasland Part 2 (2013), How to Let Go of the World (And Love All the Things Climate Can't Change) (2016)|
|Twitter:||Josh Fox's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Josh Fox's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Josh Fox's IMDb|
About Josh Fox
Documentary filmmaker and environmental activist who is best known for his Oscar-nominated 2010 film Gasland. His film How to Let Go of The World (And Love All the Things Climate Can't Change) premiered at Sundance in 2016.
He graduated from Columbia University with a major in theater. He directed a narrative feature called Memorial Day (2008).
He is notable for his voice against hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling. He founded and became artistic director of the New York City-based film and theater company the International WOW Company. He had a street named after him in France in a region where the French anti-shale-gas movement came to fruition.
He was born in Milanville, Pennsylvania.
He and Tim Hetherington both made Oscar-nominated documentaries that were part of the 83rd Academy Awards.
Information related to Josh Fox
- Anti-fracking movement - An anti-fracking movement has emerged both internationally, with involvement of international environmental organizations and nation states such as France, and locally in affected areas such as Balcombe in Sussex, Pungești in Romania and In Salah in Algeria.
- The Solutions Project - The Solutions Project is an organization first conceived in 2011 by prominent figures in science, business and the entertainment media with the goal of utilizing the combined efforts of individuals in the fields of science, business and culture to accelerate the transition to 100% renewable...
- Gasland - Gasland is a 2010 American documentary written and directed by Josh Fox. The film focuses on communities in the United States affected by natural gas drilling and, specifically, a method of horizontal drilling into shale formations known as hydraulic fracturing.
- Film directors from Pennsylvania
- American documentary film directors
- American environmentalists