Juan Figueroa is president of Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut and former president and general counsel of the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund. In 2010, he pursued the Democratic Party nomination for governor of Connecticut.
|Born:||Nov 13, 1953, Ciales, Puerto Rico|
|Occupation:||President, Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut|
About Juan Figueroa
President of Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut.
He was a litigator for day care center abuse cases for the Attorney General in New Hampshire after graduating from law school.
He was the president and general counsel for the Puerto Rican Legal Defense and Education Fund.
He was married to Helene Figueroa.
He appeared on Bill O'Reilly's show The O'Reilly Factor.
Information related to Juan Figueroa
- Connecticut gubernatorial election, 2010 - The 2010 Connecticut gubernatorial election took place on November 2, 2010 to elect the 88th Governor of Connecticut. Incumbent Governor M. Jodi Rell had announced in a press conference in Hartford on November 9, 2009, that she would not seek re-election in 2010.
- SustiNet - SustiNet is a Connecticut health care plan passed into law in July, 2009. Its goal is to provide affordable health care coverage to 98% of Connecticut residents by 2014. The name SustiNet derives from the motto of the State of Connecticut: "Qui transtulit sustinet.".
- Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut - Universal Health Care Foundation of Connecticut is an independent, nonprofit organization with offices in Meriden, Connecticut. The foundation supports the mission of its parent organization, CHART. The foundation has assets of approximately $30 million.
- Santa Clara University School of Law alumni
- Puerto Rican activists
- Non-profit executives
- Activists for Hispanic and Latino American civil rights
- Community activists
- American health activists
- Connecticut Democrats