About Juan Jiménez
Spanish poet and author whose works include Sonetos espirituales, 1914-1916 and Voces de mi copla. He was the 1956 recipient of the Nobel Prize in Literature.
He obtained his law degree from the University of Seville.
He went into exile in Puerto Rico during the Spanish Civil War and later taught Spanish Language and Literature at the University of Puerto Rico.
He was married to Zenobia Camprubi, who died of ovarian cancer in 1956.
He and Wislawa Szymborska were both recipients of the Nobel Prize in Literature.
Information related to Juan Jiménez
- Juanmi (footballer, born 1993) A Spanish professional footballer who plays for Real Sociedad as a forward.
- Juan Ramón Jiménez A Spanish poet, a prolific writer who received the Nobel Prize in Literature in 1956 "for his...
- Juan Giménez An Argentine comic book artist.
- Juan Jiménez de Montalvo An oidor of the Royal Audiencia of Lima, and briefly in 1621 and 1622, interim viceroy of Peru.
- Juan Isidro Jimenez Pereyra A Dominican political figure.
- Juan Jiménez Mayor A Peruvian politician who was Prime Minister of Peru from July 2012 to October 2013.
- Juan Jiménez Méndez Mexican politician, Governor of Oaxaca .
- Juan Jiménez (baseball) A Major League Baseball player from the Dominican Republic.
- Juan Antonio Jiménez Spanish equestrian.