Juan Esteban Aristizábal Vásquez, known professionally as Juanes, is a Colombian musician and singer-songwriter who was a member of the rock band Ekhymosis and is now a solo artist. In 2000, his solo debut album Fíjate Bien won three Latin Grammy Awards. According to his record label, Juanes has sold more than 15 million albums worldwide. Raised in Colombia, Juanes began playing piano at age two. When Juanes was 17, he started his first band, Ekhymosis, in 1988, which went on to release Eight albums, achieving recognition in his native country of Colombia. The track "Dos" from the album Niño Gigante in 1992 was very popular. In 1997 after the band broke up, Juanes continued solo and in 2000 he released the album, Fíjate Bien, which earned him three Latin Grammys. His follow-up album, Un Día Normal, was released in 2000 and was later certified platinum in Guatemala and Uruguay throughout Latin America.
|Birth name:||Juan Esteban Aristizábal Vásquez|
|Born:||August 9, 1972, Carolina del Príncipe, Colombia|
|Genres:||Early, Hard rock, Heavy metal, thrash metalCurrent, Latin pop, cumbia, latin rock, Reggaeton, Spanish rock|
|Instruments:||Vocals, guitar, violin, piano, trumpet, flute|
|Associated acts:||Ekhymosis, Nelly Furtado, Laura Pausini, Colbie Caillat, Juan Luis Guerra|
|Website:||Juanes's Official site|
|Twitter:||Juanes's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Juanes's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Juanes's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Juanes's Youtube channel|
Colombian rock singer who won five major Latin Grammys in 2008. His albums Un Dia Normal, Mi Sangre and La Vida...Es Un Ratico all reached #1 on the US Latin Billboard chart.
He began playing guitar at age 7. He was heavily influenced by Metallica and the Beatles.
He performed in the band Ekhymosis before finding success as a solo artist.
He married Karen Martinez on August 6, 2004. He and Karen have three children, Luna, Paloma, and Dante.
He once invited Paul McCartney to visit Colombia.
Information related to Juanes
- Juanes Category
- Music of Colombia - The music of Colombia is an expression of Colombian culture, music genres, both traditional and modern, according with the features of each geographic region, although it is not uncommon to find different musical styles in the same region.
- Colombian rock - Colombian Rock is rock music from Colombia. The most common styles of Colombian rock are based on Rock en Español, indie rock, as well as the traditional focus of hard rock Colombian bands.
- Colombian rock singers
- Latin Grammy Award for Best New Artist
- Latin Recording Academy Person of the Year honorees
- Colombian pop singers
- Colombian singer-songwriters
- Wrasse Records artists
- Colombian male singers
- Colombian rock guitarists
- Universal Music Latin Entertainment artists
- Colombian emigrants to the United States
- Latin music songwriters
- People named in the Panama Papers
- Latin Grammy Award winners
- Chevaliers of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres