Karl Kruszelnicki, commonly known as “Dr. Karl ”, is an Australian science broadcaster and communicator known as a radio and radio science writer and commentator. Kruszelnicki is a fellow of Julius Sumner Miller of the Physical Science Foundation, School of Physics, University of Sydney.
|Born||Karl Sven Woytek Sas Konkovitch Matthew Kruszelnicki, Helsingborg, Sweden|
|Education||Edmund Rice College, West Wollongong|
|Alma mater||University of Wollongong, University of New South Wales, University of Sydney|
|Occupation||Science journalist, author and broadcaster|
|Known for||Popular science|
|Notable work||Great Moments in Science|
|Television||Quantum, Sleek Geeks|
|Title||The Julius Sumner Miller Fellow, Science Foundation for Physics, University of Sydney|
|Parents||Ludwik Kruszelnicki (father), Rina née Szurek (mother)|
|Awards||Member of the Order of Australia (2006), Ig Nobel Prize (2002), Australian Father of the Year (2003), Kalinga Award (2019)|
|Website||Karl Kruszelnicki's Official site|
|Karl Kruszelnicki's Twitter|
|IMDb||Karl Kruszelnicki's IMDb|
Swedish-born Australian media personality whose earned widespread recognition for his contributions to spreading scientific awareness. Along with a significant radio and TV presence, he's also published more than three dozen books.
He attended the University of Wollongong, where he majored in Physics. Twelve years later, in 1980, he received a master's from the University of New South Wales. A year later, he started working for the radio station Double J.
As well as having an honorary doctorate, he won the 2002 Ig Nobel prize for his work with belly button lint. He has an asteroid named after him.
He and wife Mary have three children, Lola, Alice, and Karl. He's also known by the moniker Dr. Karl.
He and Francis M Fesmire have both received Ig Nobel prizes.
- The Exciting Game - Sleek Geeks is an Australian science television series, hosted by Dr Karl Kruszelnicki and Adam Spencer.
- Adam Spencer - Adam Barrington Spencer is an Australian comedian, media personality and former announcer. He became famous by winning the 1996 Raw Comedy talent tour
- Swedish migrants in Australia
- People with prosopagnosia
- Australian scientific authors
- Former students of the Sydney School of Medicine
- Alumni of Wollongong University
- Australian scientists
- Scientific communicator
- Australian television character
- Alumni of the University of New South Wales
- Australian academic
Latest information about Karl Kruszelnicki updated on May 17 2021.