Karl Kruszelnicki, often referred to as "Dr Karl", is an Australian science communicator and popularizer, who is known as an author, and as a science commentator on Australian radio and television. Kruszelnicki is the Julius Sumner Miller Fellow in the Science Foundation for Physics at the School of Physics, University of Sydney.
|Born:||Karl Sven Woytek Sas Konkovitch Matthew Kruszelnicki, Helsingborg, Sweden|
|Residence:||Maroubra, New South Wales, Australia|
|Other names:||"Dr Karl"|
|Education:||Edmund Rice College, West Wollongong|
|Alma mater:||University of Wollongong, University of New South Wales, University of Sydney|
|Occupation:||Science journalist, author and broadcaster|
|Known for:||Popular science|
|Notable work:||Great Moments in Science|
|Home town:||Wollongong, New South Wales, Australia|
|Television:||Quantum, Sleek Geeks|
|Title:||The Julius Sumner Miller Fellow, Science Foundation for Physics, University of Sydney|
|Parents:||Ludwik Kruszelnicki (father), Rina née Szurek (mother)|
|Awards:||Member of the Order of Australia (2006), Ig Nobel Prize (2002), Australian Father of the Year (2003)|
|Website:||Karl Kruszelnicki's Official site|
|Twitter:||Karl Kruszelnicki's Twitter profile|
|IMDb:||Karl Kruszelnicki's IMDb|
About Karl Kruszelnicki
Swedish-born Australian media personality whose earned widespread recognition for his contributions to spreading scientific awareness. Along with a significant radio and TV presence, he's also published more than three dozen books.
He attended the University of Wollongong, where he majored in Physics. Twelve years later, in 1980, he received a master's from the University of New South Wales. A year later, he started working for the radio station Double J.
As well as having an honorary doctorate, he won the 2002 Ig Nobel prize for his work with belly button lint. He has an asteroid named after him.
He and wife Mary have three children, Lola, Alice, and Karl. He's also known by the moniker Dr. Karl.
He and Francis M Fesmire have both received Ig Nobel prizes.
Information related to Karl Kruszelnicki
- Sleek Geeks - Sleek Geeks is an Australian science television series, hosted by Dr Karl Kruszelnicki and Adam Spencer.
- Adam Spencer - Adam Barrington Spencer is an Australian comedian, media personality and former radio presenter. He first came to fame when he won his round of the comedic talent search Raw Comedy in 1996.
- Swedish emigrants to Australia
- People with prosopagnosia
- Australian science writers
- Sydney Medical School alumni
- University of Wollongong alumni
- Australian scientists
- Science communicators
- Australian television personalities
- University of New South Wales alumni
- Australian academics