Katherine Anne Couric is an American television and online journalist, presenter, producer, and author. She is founder of Katie Couric Media, a multimedia news and production company. She also publishes a daily newsletter, Wake Up Call. From 2013 to 2017, she was Yahoo's Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host at all of the Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career she was an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014. In 2021, she appeared as a guest host for the game show Jeopardy!, the first woman to host the flagship American version of the show in its history. In addition to her roles in television news, Couric hosted Katie, a syndicated day time talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014.
|Born||Katherine Anne Couric, January 7, 1957, Arlington, Virginia, U.S.|
|Alma mater||University of Virginia|
|Occupation||Journalist, presenter, author|
|Notable credit(s)||Today, CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes, Katie, Yahoo! News|
|Parents||John Martin Couric Jr. (father), Elinor Hene (mother)|
|Relatives||Emily Couric (sister), Jeff Wadlow (nephew)|
|Awards||Television Hall of Fame (2004)|
|Katie Couric's Twitter|
|Youtube||Katie Couric's Youtube|
|IMDb||Katie Couric's IMDb|
NBC Today co-host who became a CBS news anchor. She also hosted programs on ABC, making her one of the few anchors who appear on the U.S. Big Three.
In 1979, she earned an English degree from the University of Virginia.
She is a New York Times bestselling author.
She married Jay Monahan on January 24, 1989 and they had two children together before he passed away in 1998. She then married financier John Molner on June 21, 2014.
Her beloved sister Emily died of pancreatic cancer at 54; the same disease afflicted Patrick Swayze.
- New Yorkers in journalism - New York City has been called the media capital of the world. An integral component of this status is the significant array of journalists who report about international, American, business, entertainment, and New York metropolitan area-related matters from Manhattan.
- Managing editors
- Yorktown High School (Virginia) alumni
- Yahoo! employees
- 60 Minutes correspondents
- American documentary film producers
- ABC News personalities
- CBS News people
- American television talk show hosts
- Peabody Award winners
- Daytime Emmy Award winners
- American television news anchors
- American women film producers
- American podcasters
Latest information about Katie Couric updated on May 07, 2021.