Katherine Anne Couric is an American television and online journalist, presenter, and author. From 2013 to 2017, she was Yahoo's Global News Anchor. Couric has been a television host on all Big Three television networks in the United States, and in her early career she was an Assignment Editor for CNN. She worked for NBC News from 1989 to 2006, CBS News from 2006 to 2011, and ABC News from 2011 to 2014. In addition to her television news roles, she hosted Katie, a syndicated daytime talk show produced by Disney–ABC Domestic Television from September 10, 2012, to June 9, 2014. Some of her most important notable roles include co-host of Today, anchor of the CBS Evening News, and correspondent for 60 Minutes. She also reported for nearly every television news broadcast across ABC, CBS, and NBC. Couric's 2011 book, The Best Advice I Ever Got: Lessons from Extraordinary Lives, was a New York Times best-seller. In 2004, Couric was inducted into the Television Hall of Fame.
|Born:||Katherine Anne Couric, January 7, 1957, Arlington, Virginia, U.S.|
|Alma mater:||University of Virginia|
|Occupation:||Journalist, presenter, author|
|Notable credit(s):||Today, CBS Evening News, 60 Minutes, Katie, Yahoo! News|
|Home town:||Arlington County Virginia|
|Parents:||John Martin Couric jr. (father), Elinor Hene (mother)|
|Relatives:||Emily Couric (sister), Jeff Wadlow (nephew)|
|Awards:||Television Hall of Fame (2004)|
|Twitter:||Katie Couric's Twitter profile|
|Youtube:||Katie Couric's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Katie Couric's IMDb|
About Katie Couric
NBC Today co-host who became a CBS news anchor. She also hosted programs on ABC, making her one of the few anchors who appear on the U.S. Big Three.
In 1979, she earned an English degree from the University of Virginia.
She is a New York Times bestselling author.
She married Jay Monahan on January 24, 1989 and they had two children together before he passed away in 1998. She then married financier John Molner on June 21, 2014.
Her beloved sister Emily died of pancreatic cancer at 54; the same disease afflicted Patrick Swayze.
Information related to Katie Couric
- New Yorkers in journalism - New York City has been called the media capital of the world. An integral component of this status is the significant array of journalists who report about international, American, business, entertainment, and New York metropolitan area-related matters from Manhattan.
- Joseph W. Martin Jr. - Joseph William Martin Jr. was an American politician who served as the 44th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1947 to 1949 and 1953 to 1955; he represented the district covering North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
- Yorktown High School (Virginia) alumni
- Yahoo! employees
- 60 Minutes correspondents
- American documentary film producers
- ABC News personalities
- CBS News people
- American television talk show hosts
- Daytime Emmy Award winners
- Peabody Award winners
- American television news anchors
- American women film producers
- 21st-century American journalists
- American podcasters