Kazuyoshi Ishii is a Japanese master of Seidokaikan karate and founder of the K-1 fighting circuit, a widely televised international martial arts competition combining Muay Thai, karate, sanshou, taekwondo, kenpo, boxing, and kickboxing. His karate training began with Kyokushin karate, but he formed his own karate organization in 1980, began promoting televised karate competitions, and started staging K-1 events in 1993.
|Born:||June 10, 1953, Uwajima, Ehime Prefecture, Japan|
|Notable students:||Masaaki Satake, Nobuaki Kakuda|
About Kazuyoshi Ishii
Seidokaikan karate master who founded the K-1 fighting circuit. He also formed his own karate organization in 1980.
When he was 16 he had already established a local Kyokushin dojo and later opened another in Osaka which proved to be very successful.
He was connected with the Yakuza at a time where he linked to tax evasion and fraud among others.
He grew up with two siblings in Uwajima, Ehime Prefecture, Japan.
He was a karate master, the specific kind of karate master that George St-Pierre trained with in order to defend himself.
Information related to Kazuyoshi Ishii
- Sadaharu Tanikawa - Sadaharu Tanikawa is a Japanese combat sports promoter and the president of Fighting and Entertainment Group. Tanikawa graduated from Nihon University College of Law and worked as a journalist and executive at various sports media, most notably puroresu.
- Pierre Andurand - Pierre Andurand is a French businessman and hedge fund manager, specialising in the oil market. In 2008 Forbes Magazine placed him in its list of the top 20 highest-earning hedge-fund managers. Andurand's various funds have produced cumulative returns of between 900-1300% for investors since 2008.
- Chatri Sityodtong - Chatri Trisiripisal, known by the ring names as Chatri Sityodtong and Yodchatri Sityodtong, is an entrepreneur and a martial artist from Thailand, best known as the Founder, Chairman and CEO of ONE Championship. Chatri Sityodtong was named Asia's 2nd Most Powerful Person in Sports by FOX Sports.
- Eduard Irimia - Eduard "Edi" Irimia is a Romanian kickboxing promoter, television producer and businessman. He is the founder and CEO of Superkombat Fighting Championship and has promoted some of the most prominent names in kickboxing.
- Sportspeople from Ehime Prefecture
- K-1 executives
- Seidokaikan practitioners
- Kyokushin kaikan practitioners
- Karate coaches
- Martial arts school founders