Keith Lionel Urban is a New Zealander-Australian singer, songwriter and record producer well known for his work in country music. In 1991, he released a self-titled debut album and charted four singles in Australia before moving to the United States the following year. He found work as a session guitarist before starting a band known as The Ranch, which recorded one studio album on Capitol Nashville and charted two singles on the US Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Still signed to Capitol, Urban made his solo American debut in 1999 with a second eponymous album. Certified platinum in the US by the RIAA, it produced his first number one on the Hot Country Songs chart with "But for the Grace of God". "Somebody Like You", the first single from his second Capitol album Golden Road, was named by Billboard as the biggest country hit of the 2000s decade.
|Birth name:||Keith Lionel Urban|
|Born:||October 26, 1967, Whangarei, Northland, New Zealand|
|Genres:||Country, country pop, country rock, pop rock|
|Occupation(s):||Singer, songwriter, guitarist, record producer|
|Instruments:||Vocals, guitar, bass guitar, piano, mandolin, banjo guitar|
|Labels:||Capitol Nashville, Hit Red, Walt Disney|
|Associated acts:||The Ranch|
|Twitter:||Keith Urban's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Keith Urban's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Keith Urban's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Keith Urban's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Keith Urban's IMDb|
|Spotify:||Keith Urban's Spotify|
|iTunes:||Keith Urban's iTunes|
About Keith Urban
Grammy Award-winning country singer who won a 2012 Golden Globe Award for the Best Original Song "For You," which was featured in the movie Act of Valor.
When he was young, he made regular appearances on the Reg Lindsay Country Homestead TV Program in Australia. He went on to win golden guitar awards at the Tamworth Country Music Festival.
He learned how to play the mandolin, sitar, banjo, piano, and bass guitar before turning 45.
He married Nicole Kidman on June 25, 2006 and they had two children together.
He was on the Love, Pain, and the Whole Crazy Carnival Ride Tour with fellow country singer Carrie Underwood in 2008.
Information related to Keith Urban
- Keith Urban discography - New Zealand-born Australian country music singer Keith Urban has released 11 studio albums, four compilation albums, and 49 singles. He began his career in 1991 with the release of his self-titled debut album on EMI and Capitol Records in Australia.
- The Ranch (band) - The Ranch was an American country music trio, which formed in 1997 by Keith Urban, Jerry Flowers, and Peter Clarke. Most of the group's material was co-written by Urban and Vernon Rust.
- Australian country guitarists
- Australian country singer-songwriters
- Australian pianists
- Australian multi-instrumentalists
- New Zealand country singers
- Australian country singers
- 20th-century Australian singers
- Grand Ole Opry members
- Australian expatriates in the United States
- American Idol participants
- 21st-century Australian singers
- ARIA Award winners
- Capitol Records artists