Kelly Willis is an American country music singer-songwriter, whose music has been described as alternative country and new traditionalist.
|Born:||October 2, 1968|
|Origin:||Annandale, Virginia, United States|
|Genres:||Honky Tonk, Country, Americana, Alt. Country|
|Labels:||MCA, A&M, Rykodisc, Premium Records|
|Associated acts:||Bruce Robison|
|Facebook:||Kelly Willis's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Kelly Willis's IMDb|
About Kelly Willis
Known for such music chart-ranked country and indie albums as What I Deserve, Easy, and Translated from Love, this American vocalist and songwriter recorded such popular singles as "Heaven's Just a Sin Away" and "Baby, Take a Piece of My Heart."
After graduating from high school, she settled in Austin, Texas with her Kelly Willis & the Fireballs bandmates. She recorded her first solo album, Well Travelled Love, in 1990.
Born in Oklahoma to a military family, she spent her childhood in several states, including North Carolina and Virginia. Following a brief marriage to Mas Palermo, she wed vocalist and songwriter Bruce Robison, with whom she subsequently had three sons and one daughter.
She and her husband, Bruce Robison, recorded several country albums together, including Cheater's Game (released in 2013) and Our Year (2014).
Information related to Kelly Willis
- Music of Austin - Austin's official motto is the "Live Music Capital of the World" because on any given night, one can find over one hundred venues showcasing a wide variety of free - live music performances.
- Rykodisc artists
- Country musicians from Oklahoma
- Musicians from Austin, Texas
- Songwriters from Oklahoma
- Singers from Oklahoma
- A&M Records artists
- MCA Records artists
- Country musicians from Texas
- American female country singers