Kenan Sofuoğlu is a former professional Turkish motorcyclist who won the most Supersport World Championship titles - years, in 2007, 2010, 2012, 2015 and 2016. He became politician-elect in June 2018, shortly after announcing his retirement from racing in May 2018. He made a short-term return to the event in Imola, Italy, winning the world championship on May 13, where he passed qualifying in third place but entered the pit lane just after the sight lap, choosing to withdraw from the race. He was injured in an accident at Phillip Island, Australia in early 2018, exacerbated his previous pelvic fracture due to an accident while training in Magny-Cours, France on September 30, 2017 , initially appeared to have ended his participation in the 2017 season. After a period of just five weeks, he returned to witness his last meeting in Qatar, finishing the race in third place and the aggregate score sufficient to finish second in the championship.
Best known for his prolific career in the Supersport World Championship racing league. In 2015, he won his 4th title, which at the time was the most of any rider in history.
In 2000, he won the Class B level of the Turkish Supersport Championship. This led him to competing in the European Superstock Championship, which precluded his joining the Supersport World Championship in 2006.
He won his first Supersport World Championship in 2007, which was his debut season. In 2012, he clinched his 3rd championship in the second-to-last race of the season at the Portuguese Grand Prix.
He was born and raised in Akyazi, Turkey.
In 2010, he finished in a tie for the Superport World Championship with Eugene Laverty.
- Sofuoğlu Family - Bahattin brothers, Sinan and Kenan Sofuoğlu are one of Turkey's most successful motorcyclists. Their father Irfan Basri Sofuoğlu, motorcycle enthusiast since 1965, runs a motorcycle repair shop in Kuzuluk town, Akyazı district, Sakarya province.
- Turkish motorcyclists
- Turkish sports houses
- Turkish Sunni Muslims
- Turkish sports politicians
- Representative from Sakarya
- The riders FIM Suposystemck 1000 Cup
- Justice and Development Party (Turkey) Politicians
- World Championship racer Moto2
- World Championship Racer Supersport
- Superbike World Championship riders
Latest information about Kenan Sofuoglu updated on May 17 2021.