Kenneth Dwane "Sox" Bowersox is a United States Navy officer, and a former NASA astronaut. He is a veteran of five Space Shuttle launches and an extended stay aboard the International Space Station. When he launched on STS-73 at the age of 38 years and 11 months, he became the youngest person ever to command a Space Shuttle vehicle.
|Born:||November 14, 1956, Portsmouth, Virginia|
|Other occupation:||Test pilot|
|Rank:||Captain, United States Navy|
|Time in space:||211d 14h 12m|
|Selection:||1987 NASA Group|
|Total EVA time:||13 hours 17 minutes|
|Missions:||STS-50, STS-61, STS-73, STS-82, STS-113 (up), Expedition 6, Soyuz TMA-1 (down)|
About Kenneth Bowersox
Retired U.S. Navy Captain who flew five Space Shuttle missions and worked on the International Space Station.
He became an Eagle Scout.
He was on STS-82, a repair mission for the Hubble Space Telescope.
He married and had three children.
He was on three episodes of "Home Improvement," which starred Tim Allen.
Information related to Ken Bowersox
- Aviators from Virginia
- Commanders of the International Space Station
- Crew members of the International Space Station
- United States Navy astronauts
- United States Astronaut Hall of Fame inductees
- U.S. Air Force Test Pilot School alumni
- Columbia School of Engineering and Applied Science alumni
- American test pilots
- American astronauts
- United States Naval Aviators