Kenneth Lofton is a former Major League Baseball center fielder. Lofton was a six-time All-Star, four-time Gold Glove Award winner, and at retirement, was ranked 15th among all-time stolen base leaders with 622. During his career, he played for the Houston Astros, Cleveland Indians, Atlanta Braves, Chicago White Sox, San Francisco Giants, Pittsburgh Pirates, Chicago Cubs, New York Yankees, Philadelphia Phillies, Los Angeles Dodgers, and Texas Rangers. Lofton attended the University of Arizona on a basketball scholarship. The Wildcats made it to the Final Four in 1988. He did not join the school's baseball team until his junior year. Lofton made 11 postseason appearances, including World Series appearances in 1995 and 2002 with the Indians and Giants, respectively. From 2001 to 2007, Lofton did not spend more than one consecutive season with a team.
|Twitter:||Kenny Lofton's Twitter profile|
About Kenny Lofton
Former MLB outfielder and 6-time All-Star who won 4 Gold Glove Awards throughout his 17-year MLB career. He spent nine years with the Cleveland Indians and also played for such teams as the Atlanta Braves, San Francisco Giants and New York Yankees.
Kenny Lofton Before Fame
He played college basketball for the Arizona Wildcats, and helped take the team to the 1988 final four before they lost to Oklahoma.
Achievement of Kenny Lofton
He led the American League in stolen bases for five consecutive seasons from 1992 to 1996.
Kenny Lofton Family Life
He was born to a teenage mom named Annie, who raised him in poverty.
Associations of Kenny Lofton
In 2002, he and Barry Bonds helped lead the San Francisco Giants to the World Series where they were defeated by the Anaheim Angels in 6 games.
Information related to Kenny Lofton
- Major League Baseball titles leaders - The following lists describe which players hold the most titles in a career for a particular category. Listed are players with four or more titles in a category. Active players are highlighted.
- Major League Baseball titles streaks - The following lists describe which players held, or at least shared, the title for a particular category three or more seasons in a row. Streaks of three years or more are shown for each league.
- Basketball players at the 1988 NCAA Men's Division I Final Four
- Auburn Astros players
- American League stolen base champions
- Osceola Astros players
- Arizona Wildcats baseball players
- Arizona Wildcats men's basketball players
- Tampa Yankees players
- Gold Glove Award winners
- Trenton Thunder players
- Asheville Tourists players
- Baseball players from Indiana
- Tucson Toros players
- Major League Baseball center fielders
- Basketball players from Indiana
- Sportspeople from Atlanta