Kim Ji-yeon is a South Korean Sabre fencer. She is the 2012 Olympic Champion in the Women's Sabre Individual Fencing. Kim is the first South Korean woman to win an Olympic gold medal in fencing and the second South Korean female fencer to win any Olympic medal after Nam Hyun-hee, who won silver in 2008. She is also the second South Korean fencer to win a gold medal at the Summer Olympics, following male foil fencer Kim Young-ho.
|Country represented:||South Korea|
|Born:||March 12, 1988, Busan, South Korea|
|Years on national team:||2009–present|
|National coach(es):||Han Joo-Yeol|
|Club:||Iksan City Government Fencing Club|
|Head coach(es):||Lee Soo-geun|
|Instagram:||Kim Ji-yeon's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Kim Ji-yeon's Facebook profile|
About Kim Ji-yeon
Fencer who represented South Korea in the 2012 Olympics and won a gold medal in the women's sabre individual competition.
Kim Ji-yeon Before Fame
She began fencing when she was 13 years old.
Achievement of Kim Ji-yeon
She joined the South Korean national fencing team in 2006.
Kim Ji-yeon Family Life
She was born in Busan, South Korea.
Associations of Kim Ji-yeon
Jin Jong-Oh also represented South Korea at the 2012 Olympics, winning gold in sports shooting.
Information related to Kim Ji-yeon
- South Korean sabre fencers
- South Korean female fencers
- Fencers at the 2014 Asian Games
- Olympic fencers of South Korea
- Sportspeople from Busan
- South Korean Buddhists
- Olympic gold medalists for South Korea
- Asian Games medalists in fencing
- Fencers at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Fencers at the 2016 Summer Olympics
- Asian Games silver medalists for South Korea
- Asian Games bronze medalists for South Korea