Kobe Bean Bryant was an American professional basketball player. A shooting guard, he spent his entire 20-year career with the Los Angeles Lakers in the National Basketball Association. Regarded as one of the greatest players of all time, Bryant won five NBA championships, was an 18-time All-Star, a 15-time member of the All-NBA Team, a 12-time member of the All-Defensive Team, the 2008 NBA Most Valuable Player, and a two-time NBA Finals MVP. Bryant also led the NBA in scoring twice, and ranks fourth in league all-time regular season and postseason scoring. Born in Philadelphia and partly raised in Italy, Bryant was recognized as the top American high-school basketball player while at Lower Merion. The son of former NBA player Joe Bryant, he declared for the 1996 NBA draft and was selected by the Charlotte Hornets with the 13th overall pick; he was then traded to the Lakers.
|Born||August 23, 1978, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania|
|Died||January 26, 2020, Calabasas, California|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in|
|Listed weight||212 lb|
|High school||Lower Merion, (Ardmore, Pennsylvania)|
|NBA draft||1996 / Round: 1 / Pick: 13, Charlotte Hornets|
|Kobe Bryant's Twitter|
|Kobe Bryant's Instagram|
|Kobe Bryant's Facebook|
|IMDb||Kobe Bryant's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Kobe Bryant's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify||Kobe Bryant's Spotify|
|iTunes||Kobe Bryant's iTunes|
Legendary shooting guard who helped the Los Angeles Lakers win three straight NBA Championships from 2000 to 2002 and two more in 2009 and 2010. He was named NBA MVP in 2008 and selected to the All-NBA First Team 11 times from 2002 to 2013.
He spent part of his youth playing both soccer and basketball in Italy, then after his family moved back to the United States, he played high school basketball at Lower Merion High School in Philadelphia before being selected 13th overall by the Charlotte Hornets in the 1996 NBA Draft.
He was named NBA Finals MVP in 2009 and 2010 while leading the Lakers to victories over the Orlando Magic and Boston Celtics. He won an Oscar for Best Animated Short Film at the 2018 Academy Awards.
His career began as Michael Jordan's reign on the court was ending, and his game constantly drew comparisons to Jordan's.
- Kobe Bryant Category
- Claude Berri - Claude Berri was a French film director, writer, producer, actor and distributor.
- Victims of helicopter accidents or incidents in the United States
- Charlotte Hornets draft picks
- National Basketball Association high school draftees
- Sportspeople from Newport Beach, California
- National Basketball Association players with retired numbers
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in basketball
- Basketball players at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Basketball players at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- African-American Catholics
- Los Angeles Lakers players
- National Basketball Association All-Stars
- United States men's national basketball team players
Latest information about Kobe Bryant updated on May 05, 2021.