Marco Antonio Rubio is an American politician serving as the senior United States senator from Florida. A Republican, he previously served as speaker of the Florida House of Representatives. Rubio unsuccessfully sought the Republican nomination for president of the United States in 2016, winning presidential primaries in the State of Minnesota, the District of Columbia, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico. Rubio is a Cuban American from Miami, Florida. After serving as a city commissioner for West Miami in the 1990s, he was elected to represent the 111th district in the Florida House of Representatives in 2000. Subsequently, he was elected speaker of the Florida House, and was Speaker for two years beginning in November 2006. Upon leaving the Florida legislature in 2008 due to term limits, Rubio taught at Florida International University. Rubio successfully ran for the United States Senate in 2010.
|Born:||Marco Antonio Rubio, May 28, 1971, Miami, Florida, U.S.|
|Education:||University of Florida (BA), University of Miami (JD)|
|Preceded by:||Richard Burr|
|Twitter:||Marco Rubio's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Marco Rubio's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Marco Rubio's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Marco Rubio's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Marco Rubio's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Marco Rubio's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Marco Rubio
Florida Republican known as the crown prince of the Tea Party movement who took office as a United States Senator in 2011. He notably gave the Republican response to President Barack Obama's 2013 State of the Union Address.
He earned his J.D. from the University of Miami in 1996 before being elected to the Florida House of Representatives, representing Miami in Florida's 111th House District when he was twenty-eight years old.
He was a key speaker at the Republican National Convention in 2012 and was considered a front-runner for the Vice-Presidential nomination.
He has four children with his wife Jeanette Dousdebes, a former bank teller and Miami Dolphins cheerleader whom he married in 1998.
Information related to Marco Rubio
- Marco Rubio Category
- Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act - The Hong Kong Human Rights and Democracy Act of 2019 is a United States federal law that requires the U.S. government to impose sanctions against China and Hong Kong officials responsible for human rights abuses in Hong Kong, and requires the United States Department of State and other agencies...
- Republican Party presidential candidates, 2016 - This article contains the list of candidates associated with the 2016 Republican Party presidential primaries for the 2016 United States presidential election.
- Florida Republican primary, 2016 - The 2016 Florida Republican Primary was held on March 15, 2016, with 99 delegates being allocated on a winner-take-all basis. Businessman Donald Trump scored a decisive victory in the state, defeating Senator Marco Rubio by nearly 20 points.
- Cuban-American Republicans
- Speakers of the Florida House of Representatives
- Florida International University faculty
- University of Miami School of Law alumni
- Florida city council members
- Hispanic and Latino American members of the United States Congress
- Writers from Miami
- Former Latter Day Saints
- Hispanic and Latino American politicians
- Tea Party movement activists
- 21st-century Roman Catholics
- Florida lawyers
- Florida Republicans