Mariah Carey is an American singer-songwriter, record producer, and actress. Known for her five-octave vocal range, melismatic singing style, and signature use of the whistle register, she is referred to as the "Songbird Supreme" and the "Queen of Christmas". She rose to fame in 1990 with her eponymous debut album, released under the guidance of Columbia Records executive Tommy Mottola, who married her three years later. Carey is the first artist in history to have their first five singles reach number one on the Billboard Hot 100, from "Vision of Love" to "Emotions". She achieved worldwide success with follow-up albums Music Box, Merry Christmas, and Daydream. These albums spawned some of Carey's most successful singles, including "Hero", "Without You", "All I Want for Christmas Is You", "Fantasy", "Always Be My Baby", as well as "One Sweet Day", which topped the US Billboard Hot 100 decade-end chart.
|Born:||March 27, 1969, Huntington, New York, U.S.|
|Occupation:||Singer, songwriter, record producer, actress, entrepreneur, television judge|
|Net worth:||U.S. $300–520 million|
|Website:||Mariah Carey's Official site|
|Twitter:||Mariah Carey's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Mariah Carey's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Mariah Carey's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Mariah Carey's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Mariah Carey's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Mariah Carey's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify:||Mariah Carey's Spotify|
|SoundCloud:||Mariah Carey's SoundCloud|
About Mariah Carey
Pop artist who gained fame for hits like "Vision of Love," "Touch My Body," and "Shake It Off." She became Colombia Records' top recording artist in the early 1990s and her 1995 single "One Sweet Day" with Boyz II Men set a record by spending 16 weeks at the top of the Billboard Hot 100 chart.
Mariah Carey Before Fame
She got fired from a string of waitress jobs and would listen to the radio under her covers when she was unhappy.
Achievement of Mariah Carey
She became known for her five-octave vocal range, and her hit single "We Belong Together" became the second-longest running #1 song in U.S. chart history.
Mariah Carey Family Life
She was married to Tommy Mottola from June 1993 until March 1998. She then married Nick Cannon on April 30, 2008. She and Nick had a son named Moroccan and a daughter named Monroe before separating in 2014. She was briefly engaged to businessman James Packer in 2016. In 2018, she began dating Bryan Tanaka.
Associations of Mariah Carey
Barbra Streisand was one of the high-profile guests who attended her and Tommy Mottola's wedding.
Information related to Mariah Carey
- Mariah Carey Category
- Artists with the most number-ones on the US dance chart - This is a list of artists with the most number-ones on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club Songs chart. Madonna currently holds the record for the most number-one songs in the 43-year history of the chart, with 50, which is the record for any Billboard chart.
- Music video codirectors
- Singers with a five-octave vocal range
- Female music video directors
- African-American Episcopalians
- African-American pianists
- Def Jam Recordings artists
- Age controversies
- World Music Awards winners
- Ballad musicians
- African-American female singer-songwriters
- American sopranos
- Hispanic and Latino American actresses
- Hispanic and Latino American musicians
- Virgin Records artists
- Island Records artists
- People with bipolar disorder
- African-American singer-songwriters
- American music video directors
- American music arrangers
- American hip hop singers
- American autobiographers
- African-American record producers
- Epic Records artists
- American dance musicians