Mohammed VI is the King of Morocco. He is a member of the Alaouite dynasty and ascended to the throne on 23 July 1999 upon the death of his father, King Hassan II. In 2019, his net worth was estimated around US$2.1 billion and he is the richest king in Africa in 2014 according to the American business magazine Forbes.
|Heir apparent:||Moulay Hassan|
|Born:||August 21, 1963, Rabat, Morocco|
|Issue, Detail:||Moulay Hassan, Crown Prince of Morocco, Princess Lalla Khadija|
|Arabic / Berber:||الملك محمد السادس / ⴰⴳⴳⵍⵉⴷ ⵎⵓⵃⴰⵎⵎⴷ ⵙⴷⵉⵙ|
|Father:||Hassan II of Morocco|
|Mother:||Lalla Latifa Hammou|
About Mohammed VI
King of Morocco who ascended to the throne on July 23, 1999 upon the death of his father, King Hassan II. He enacted a new family code in February 2014 called Mudawana, which granted women more power.
He started attending the Qur'anic school at the Royal Palace at the age of four.
He was estimated to have a net worth of $5.7 billion by Forbes in 2015. He has 950,000 followers on his le_roi_mohamed6 Instagram account.
His mother was Lalla Latifa Hammou. He has one brother named Prince Moulay Rachid and three sisters named Princess Lalla Meryem, Princess Lalla Asma, and Princess Lalla Hasna.
He and Elizabeth II are both royalty in their respective countries.
Information related to Mohammed VI of Morocco
- Mohammed VI of Morocco Category
- Alaouite dynasty - The Alaouite dynasty, or Alawite dynasty, is the current Moroccan royal family. Sharif ibn Ali became Prince of Tafilalt in 1631. His son Mulay Al-Rashid was able to unite and pacify the country.
- Société Nationale d'Investissement - Société Nationale d'Investissement or National Investment Company, is a large private Moroccan holding company mainly owned by the Moroccan royal family. Headquartered in Casablanca, the company was established in 1966.
- Hassan II - King Hassan II was King of Morocco from 1961 until his death in 1999. He is descended from the Alaouite dynasty. He was the eldest son of Mohammed V, Sultan, then King of Morocco, and his second wife, Lalla Abla bint Tahar.
- 21st-century monarchs in Africa
- Moroccan royalty
- Collars of the Order of Mubarak the Great
- Grand Crosses of the Order of the Liberator General San Martin
- Collars of the Order of the Aztec Eagle
- Alaouite dynasty
- Collars of the Order of Civil Merit
- Grand Collars of the Order of the Southern Cross
- Grand Cordons of the Order of Valour
- Moroccan bankers
- Extraordinary Grades of the Order of Merit (Lebanon)
- 20th-century monarchs in Africa
- Grand Crosses of the National Order of Mali
- Muslim monarchs
- Recipients of the Order of al-Hussein bin Ali
- Mohammed V University alumni
- Grand Cordons of the Order of the Nile
- Recipients of the Order of Abdulaziz al Saud
- Moroccan businesspeople
- Knights Grand Cross with Collar of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic
- Kings of Morocco
- Recipients of the Order of the Nile
- Collars of the Order of Isabella the Catholic
- Moroccan politicians
- Honorary Knights Grand Cross of the Royal Victorian Order
- Grand Croix of the Légion d'honneur