Nancy Patricia Pelosi is an American politician serving as Speaker of the United States House of Representatives since 2019, and previously from 2007 to 2011. She is the only woman in U.S. history to hold this position and is the highest-ranking woman elected official in United States history. As House Speaker, Pelosi is second in the presidential line of succession, immediately after the vice president. Pelosi was first elected to Congress in 1987, following her congressman father Thomas D'Alesandro Jr. into politics. She started her 17th term in 2019. She represents California's 12th congressional district, which consists of four-fifths of the city and county of San Francisco. She initially represented the 5th district, and then, when district boundaries were redrawn after the 1990 Census, the 8th district. She is a member of the Democratic Party.
|Born:||Nancy Patricia D'Alesandro, March 26, 1940, Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.|
|Parents:||Thomas D'Alesandro Jr.|
|Relatives:||Thomas D'Alesandro III (brother), Christine Pelosi (daughter), and Alexandra Pelosi (daughter)|
|Education:||Trinity Washington University (BA)|
|Preceded by:||Paul Ryan|
|Twitter:||Nancy Pelosi's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Nancy Pelosi's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Nancy Pelosi's Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Nancy Pelosi's Youtube channel|
|IMDb:||Nancy Pelosi's IMDb|
About Nancy Pelosi
60th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives, the first woman to hold that position. She became the House Minority Leader in 2011.
She was in attendance during John F. Kennedy's inauguration and graduated from Trinity College in Washington, D.C., in 1962 with a B.A. in political science.
She is the highest ranking female politician in American history.
Her brother served on the City and County of San Francisco's Board of Supervisors. She married Paul Pelosi in 1963 and she has five children.
She was in office under President George W. Bush.
Information related to Nancy Pelosi
- Nancy Pelosi Category
- Electoral history of Nancy Pelosi - The electoral history of Nancy Pelosi spans more than three decades, from the mid-1980s through to the present.
- Know Your Power - Know Your Power: A Message to America's Daughters is a 2008 memoir by House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, published by Doubleday on July 29, 2008. It is co-written with New York Times bestselling author and Peabody Award-winning writer Amy Hill Hearth. It is Pelosi's first published book.
- Women in the United States House of Representatives - Women have served in the United States House of Representatives since the 1917 entrance of Jeannette Rankin from Montana, a member of the Republican Party. Three hundred twenty-five women have since served as U.S. Representatives.
- California Democratic Party chairs
- Italian-American culture in Baltimore
- Minority Leaders of the United States House of Representatives
- Trinity Washington University alumni
- Pelosi family
- Italian-American culture in California
- Speakers of the United States House of Representatives
- Women legislative speakers
- Politicians from San Francisco
- Women in California politics
- Politicians from Baltimore
- Female members of the United States House of Representatives
- Members of the United States House of Representatives from California
- American women activists