Patrick Joseph McGoohan was an Irish-American actor, screenwriter and director. He began his career in the United Kingdom in the 1950s, relocating to the United States in the 1970s. His career-defining roles were in the British television series Danger Man and the surreal psychological drama The Prisoner, which he co-created. During his career, he received two Primetime Emmy Awards and a BAFTA.
|Born:||Patrick Joseph McGoohan, March 19, 1928, Astoria, Queens, New York, U.S.|
|Died:||January 13, 2009, Santa Monica, California, U.S.|
|Citizenship:||Irish and American|
|Alma mater:||Ratcliffe College|
|Occupation:||Actor, television writer, producer, director|
|Home town:||Mullaghmore, Carrigallen, County Leitrim, Ireland, Sheffield, England|
|Television:||Danger Man, The Prisoner, Columbo|
|Children:||3, including Catherine McGoohan|
|Awards:||2002 Prometheus Hall of Fame Award, 1990 Primetime Emmy Award, 1975 Primetime Emmy Award, 1960 BAFTA TV Award|
|IMDb:||Patrick McGoohan's IMDb|
About Patrick McGoohan
Played the role of a hero on the 1965 spy TV series, Secret Agent.
He worked as a chicken farmer, bank clerk and lorry driver before being employed as a stage manager at Sheffield Repertory Theater.
Famous for his 60's TV show, he also played King Edward I in Braveheart.
He married Joan Drummond in 1951 and the couple had three daughters.
He starred in Mel Gibson's film, Braveheart (1995).
Information related to Patrick McGoohan
- People educated at Ratcliffe College
- American emigrants to Ireland
- Irish male voice actors
- Prometheus Award winners
- Irish emigrants to the United Kingdom
- British male voice actors
- 21st-century Irish male actors
- Male actors from Yorkshire
- 20th-century Irish male actors
- Male Spaghetti Western actors
- Irish male stage actors
- British expatriate male actors in the United States
- Irish male television actors
- Irish male film actors
- British television directors
- Television producers from California
- British television writers
- British male stage actors
- British television producers
- British male writers
- British male film actors
- Primetime Emmy Award winners