Peter Hayden Dinklage is an American actor and producer. He received acclaim for portraying Tyrion Lannister on the HBO television series Game of Thrones, for which he won the Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series a record four times. He also received a Golden Globe Award in 2011 and a Screen Actors Guild Award in 2020 for the role. Born in Mendham Township, New Jersey, Dinklage has dwarfism and stands 4 ft 5 in tall. He studied acting at Bennington College while working at a local guitar shop, starring in a number of amateur stage productions. His film debut was in Living in Oblivion and his breakthrough came with the comedy-drama The Station Agent. He has since appeared in Elf, Lassie, Find Me Guilty, Underdog, Death at a Funeral, Penelope, The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian, Death at a Funeral, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Pixels, and Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.
|Born||Peter Hayden Dinklage, June 11, 1969, Mendham Township, New Jersey, U.S.|
|Alma mater||Bennington College|
|Works||On screen and stage|
|IMDb||Peter Dinklage's IMDb|
Screen actor known for his role as Tyrion Lannister on HBO's Game of Thrones. He also starred in the British film version of the comedy Death at a Funeral and played roles in such films as The Station Agent, Elf, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Pixels, Ice Age: Continental Drift and Prince Caspian.
He graduated from Bennington College with a degree in drama.
He made his big screen debut in the 1995 film Living in Oblivion.
He married Erica Schmidt in 2005 and the couple welcomed a daughter named Zelig in 2011.
He co-stars with Maisie Williams on Game of Thrones.
- Peter Dinklage on screen and stage - Peter Dinklage is an American actor and producer. Dinklage studied acting at the Bennington College where he starred in a number of amateur stage productions. He made his film debut in the 1995 comedy-drama Living in Oblivion.
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Drama Series Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actor in a Drama Series Primetime Emmy Award winners
- Best Supporting Actor Golden Globe (television) winners
- Actors with dwarfism
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Male actors from New Jersey
Latest information about Peter Dinklage updated on June 14 2021.