Quentin Jerome Tarantino is an American filmmaker and actor. His films are characterized by nonlinear storylines, aestheticization of violence, extended scenes of dialogue, ensemble casts, references to popular culture and a wide variety of other films, soundtracks primarily containing songs and score pieces from the 1960s to the 1980s, alternate history, and features of neo-noir film. He began his career as an independent filmmaker with the release of Reservoir Dogs in 1992, which was funded by money from the sale of his screenplay True Romance. Empire magazine hailed Reservoir Dogs the "Greatest Independent Film of All Time". His second film, Pulp Fiction, a comedy crime film, was a major success both among critics and audiences. He also wrote the screenplay for the horror From Dusk Till Dawn, in which he also starred. Tarantino paid homage to the blaxploitation films of the 1970s with Jackie Brown, an adaptation of Elmore Leonard's novel Rum Punch.
|Born:||Quentin Jerome Tarantino, March 27, 1963, Knoxville, Tennessee, U.S.|
|Style:||Crime, Drama, Action, Spaghetti Western, Alternate history, Black comedy|
|Home town:||Torrance, California, U.S.|
|Facebook:||Quentin Tarantino's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Quentin Tarantino's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Quentin Tarantino's Rotten Tomatoes|
About Quentin Tarantino
Provocative director, producer, and screenwriter who first received acclaim for his 1990s crime films Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown. He later went on to direct the action films Kill Bill: Volume 1, Kill Bill: Volume 2, Inglourious Basterds and Django Unchained.
He dropped out of Narbonne High School his freshman year to go to acting school in Toluca Lake.
Famous for his films about criminals and lowlifes, he once fittingly shoplifted a book by Elmore Leonard, whose novel Rum Punch was adapted into the cult classic film Jackie Brown in 1997.
He married Daniela Pick in 2018. The two announced they were expecting their first child together in August 2019. He has had previous relationships with Mira Sorvino, Allison Anders, Sofia Coppola, Julie Dreyfus, Kathy Griffin, and Margaret Cho.
Information related to Quentin Tarantino
- Quentin Tarantino Category
- Quentin Tarantino Film Festival , a film festival in Austin, Texas, United States, hosted by Tarantino.
- Quentin Tarantino's unrealized projects - The following is a list of unproduced Quentin Tarantino projects in roughly chronological order. During his long career, American film director Quentin Tarantino has worked on a number of projects which never progressed beyond the pre-production stage under his direction.
- QT8: The First Eight , a 2019 documentary about Tarantino.
- Actors from Torrance, California
- Best Screenplay AACTA International Award winners
- Independent Spirit Award for Best Director winners
- CAS Filmmaker Award honorees
- Best Director AACTA International Award winners
- Film directors from Tennessee
- Best Screenplay Golden Globe winners
- American expatriates in Israel
- Western (genre) film directors
- French-language film directors
- Male actors from Tennessee
- Best Original Screenplay Academy Award winners
- Western (genre) writers
- American agnostics
- American crime fiction writers
- Edgar Award winners
- Commandeurs of the Ordre des Arts et des Lettres
- German-language film directors
- English-language film directors
- Film directors from California