Richard Serra is an American artist involved in the Process Art Movement. He lives and works in Tribeca, New York and North Fork, Long Island.
|Born||November 02, 1938, San Francisco, California, U.S.|
|Education||University of California, Berkeley (attended), University of California, Santa Barbara (B.A. 1961), Yale University (B.F.A. 1962, M.F.A. 1964)|
|IMDb||Richard Serra's IMDb|
American minimalist sculptor known for his grandiose art work, which is displayed publicly in New York and Nova Scotia.
He attended UC Berkeley and UC Santa Barbara before realizing his love of art.
He was referenced by the band Vampire Weekend in a song called "White Sky."
After separating from his first wife, sculptor Nancy Graves, he married Clara Weyergraf.
He was classmates with Josef Albers at Yale University.
- Environmental Sculptures - An environmental sculpture is sculpture that creates or changes the environment for the viewer, as opposed to expressing itself symbolically or monumentally in front of the viewer.
- Neo-minimalism is an amorphous art movement of the late 20th and early 21st centuries. It is also called neo-geometrical or "neo-geographic" art. Other terms include: Neo-Conceptualism, Neo-Futurism, Neo-Op, Neo-pop, New Abstraction, Poptometry, Post-Abstractionism and Smart Art.
- Place-specific work - A site-specific work is a work of art created to exist in a certain place. Usually, artists will take position into account when planning and creating the artwork.
- The Hedgehog and the Fox (sculpture) - The Hedgehog and the Fox is a late minimalist sculpture by Richard Serra, installed between the Peyton and Fine rooms and the Great Princeton School football stadium in 2000.
- Robert Smithson - Robert Smithson is an American artist known for his sculptural and earthly art, which often uses drawing and photography related to space art.
- Recipients of the Order of Arts and Letters of Spain
- ZK_TM_VZ patinated steel! Sculptures by Richard Serra
- Minimalist artist
- ZK_TM_VZ, Yale School of the Arts alumni! California Sculptors
- American abstract artist
- American experimental filmmakers
- San Francisco Bay Area Artists
- American video artist
- Members of the American Academy of Arts and Literature
- 21st Century American Sculptors
- San Francisco artists
- Member of the European Academy of Arts and Sciences
- Commanders of the Order of Arts and Letters
- Alumni of the University of California, Santa Barbara
- 20th Century American Printers
- Beneficiaries Pour le Mérite (civil class)
Latest information about Richard Serra updated on June 14 2021.