Robin McLaurin Williams was an American actor, voice actor, comedian and singer. He began performing stand-up comedy in San Francisco and Los Angeles during the mid-1970s, and rose to fame for playing the alien Mork in the sitcom Mork & Mindy. He was known for his improvisation skills and the wide variety of memorable voices he created. He is widely regarded by critics as one of the funniest comedians of all time. After his first starring film role in Popeye, Williams starred in several critically and commercially successful films including The World According to Garp, Moscow on the Hudson, Good Morning, Vietnam, Dead Poets Society, Awakenings, The Fisher King, Patch Adams, One Hour Photo, and World's Greatest Dad. He also starred in box office hits such as Hook, Aladdin, Mrs. Doubtfire, Jumanji, The Birdcage, Good Will Hunting, and the Night at the Museum trilogy. He was nominated for four Academy Awards, winning Best Supporting Actor for Good Will Hunting.
|Born:||Robin McLaurin Williams, July 21, 1951, Chicago, Illinois, U.S.|
|Died:||August 11, 2014, Paradise Cay, California, U.S.|
|Cause of death:||Suicide by hanging|
|Resting place:||Ashes scattered in San Francisco Bay|
|Children:||3, including Zelda|
|Twitter:||Robin Williams's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Robin Williams's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Robin Williams's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes:||Robin Williams's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify:||Robin Williams's Spotify|
About Robin Williams
Comedian and actor who won an Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in the 1997 film Good Will Hunting. He also played lead roles in the films Dead Poets Society, Hook, Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams, Jumanji and Good Morning, Vietnam. He voiced the genie in the Aladdin films.
He attended Juilliard Drama School alongside good friend and fellow actor Christopher Reeve. He had his breakthrough role as a comic actor in Mork and Mindy.
He portrayed Teddy Roosevelt in the Night at the Museum films.
His daughter Zelda Rae Williams became an actress and he also had two sons named Zachary and Cody. He was married to Valerie Velardi from 1978 to 1988, Marsha Garces from 1989 to 2010 and Susan Schneider from 2011 to 2014.
He starred as Peter Pan alongside Julia Roberts in the adventure film Hook.
Information related to Robin Williams
- Robin Williams Category
- Prop comics
- College of Marin alumni
- Detroit Country Day School alumni
- Outstanding Performance by a Male Actor in a Supporting Role Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- American mimes
- Suicides by asphyxiation
- Best Musical or Comedy Actor Golden Globe (television) winners
- Suicides by hanging in California
- Male actors from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Best Musical or Comedy Actor Golden Globe (film) winners
- Cecil B. DeMille Award Golden Globe winners
- Claremont McKenna College alumni
- Best Supporting Actor Academy Award winners
- People with mood disorders
- Golden Globe Award-winning producers
- American male actors who committed suicide
- Male actors from Michigan
- American impressionists (entertainers)
- Outstanding Performance by a Cast in a Motion Picture Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Science fiction fans
- Male actors from Chicago
- Male actors from California
- Primetime Emmy Award winners