Srebrenka "Sena" Jurinac was a Bosnia-born Croatian-Austrian operatic soprano.
About Sena Jurinac
Operatic soprano who appeared in the first Croatian movie that featured sound, which was called Lisinski.
She studied at the Zagreb Academy of Music.
She performed in various major roles at various theatres across Europe, making her American debut as Madama Butterfly in 1959.
She died in Germany.
She was a soprano like Italian opera singer Maria Callas.
Information related to Sena Jurinac
- Bosnia and Herzegovina emigrants to Austria
- Austrian operatic sopranos
- Österreichischer Kammersänger
- Recipients of the Grand Decoration for Services to the Republic of Austria
- Recipients of the Austrian Cross of Honour for Science and Art, 1st class