Wardell Stephen "Steph" Curry II is an American professional basketball player for the Golden State Warriors of the National Basketball Association. A six-time NBA All-Star, Curry has been named the NBA Most Valuable Player twice and won three NBA championships with the Warriors. Many players and analysts have called him the greatest shooter in NBA history. He is credited with revolutionizing the game of basketball by inspiring teams to regularly utilize the three-point shot. The son of former NBA player Dell Curry and older brother of current NBA player Seth, Curry played college basketball for the Davidson Wildcats. There, he was twice named Southern Conference Player of the Year and set the all-time scoring record for both Davidson and the Southern Conference. During his sophomore year, Curry also set the single-season NCAA record for three-pointers made, and was then selected by the Warriors with the seventh overall pick in the 2009 NBA Draft.
|Born:||March 14, 1988, Akron, Ohio|
|Listed height:||6 ft 3 in|
|Listed weight:||185 lb|
|High school:||Charlotte Christian, (Charlotte, North Carolina)|
|NBA draft:||2009 / Round: 1 / Pick: 7, Golden State Warriors|
|Team:||Golden State Warriors|
|Twitter:||Stephen Curry's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Stephen Curry's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Stephen Curry's Facebook profile|
About Stephen Curry
Star point guard who was named NBA MVP in both 2015 and 2016. He led the Golden State Warriors to NBA Championships in 2015, 2017 and 2018. Prior to his NBA career, he led Davidson College to the Elite 8 in the NCAA tournament as a sophomore in 2008.
Due to concerns about his size coming out of high school, his preferred college, Virginia Tech, only offered him a spot as a walk-on, which led to him signing with Davidson.
He set the NBA single season record for three pointers made in a season with 286 in 2014-15, then shattered that record by hitting 402 the following season. He and the Warriors won an NBA-record 73 regular season games in 2015-16.
His father Dell Curry played several seasons in the NBA, and his younger brother Seth also became an NBA player. He also has a sister named Sydel. In 2011, he married Ayesha Alexander and the couple has daughters named Riley and Ryan and a son named Canon.
He and guard/forward Klay Thompson became known as the "Splash Brothers" for their dominant outside shooting together on the Warriors.
Information related to Stephen Curry
- NBA regular season records - This article lists all-time records achieved in the NBA regular season in major statistical categories recognized by the league, including those set by teams and individuals in a game, season, and career.
- Charlotte Christian School alumni
- Davidson Wildcats men's basketball players
- Golden State Warriors draft picks
- 21st-century Christians
- Sportspeople from Akron, Ohio
- Sportspeople from Charlotte, North Carolina
- Basketball players from North Carolina
- United States men's national basketball team players
- Golden State Warriors players
- National Basketball Association All-Stars
- Basketball players from Ohio
- African-American Christians