Teófilo Stevenson Lawrence is a Cuban amateur fighter and engineer. Stevenson is one of only three boxers to have won three Olympic gold medals, along with Hungarian László Papp and his Cuban colleague Félix Savón.
|Real name||Teófilo Stevenson Lawrence|
|Born||March 29, 1952, Puerto Padre, Las Tunas Province, Cuba|
|Died||June 11, 2012, Havana, Cuba|
|Stance||"text-align:center, vertical-align:middle, "mw:Help:Magic words#Other, This page is a.|
Cuban boxer and three-time Olympic gold medalist, he won in the heavyweight event at the 1972, 1976, and 1980 Olympics.
He began boxing at a young age because he was so much bigger than other kids his age.
He won gold in the Heavyweight class in the three straight Olympics from 1972 to 1980.
He is the son of Teófilo Stevenson Patterson and Dolores Lawrence.
He won gold at the 1976 Olympics where skater Dorothy Hamill also took home gold.
- Cuban engineer
- Cuban Roman Catholics
- Cuban Communists
- Cuban Olympic fighter
- Super heavy boxer
- Olympic gold medal for Cuba
- Cuban boxer
- Recipient of the Olympic Order
- Martial artist at the 1976 Summer Olympics
- Boxers at the 1980 Summer Olympics
- Martial artist at the 1972 Summer Olympics
- Pan American Games Council medals for Cuba
- The person honored as the Sports Master of the Soviet Union
- Inter-American Games gold medalists for Cuba
- Medalist at the AIBA World Boxing Championships
Latest information about Teófilo Stevenson updated on June 14 2021.