Usher Raymond IV is an American singer, songwriter, dancer, and actor. Born in Dallas, Texas but raised and lived in Chattanooga, Tennessee until moving to Atlanta, Georgia. At the age of 12, his mother put him in local singing competitions, before catching the attention of a music A&R from LaFace Records. In 1994, he released his self-titled debut album, Usher. He rose to fame in the late 1990s with the release of his sophomore album My Way, which spawned his first U.S. Billboard Hot 100 number-one single, "Nice & Slow", amongst top-five singles "You Make Me Wanna..." and "My Way". 8701 produced the number-one singles "U Remind Me" and "U Got It Bad", as well as top-five single "U Don't Have to Call". It sold 8 million copies worldwide and won his first two Grammy Awards as Best Male R&B Vocal Performance in 2002 and 2003.
|Born:||Usher Raymond IV, October 14, 1978, Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Occupation:||Singer, songwriter, dancer, actor|
|Partner(s):||Rozonda Thomas, (2001–2003)|
|Parent(s):||Usher Raymond III (father), Jonetta Patton (mother)|
|Relatives:||James Lackey (brother), Ben Vereen (godfather)|
|Website:||Usher (singer)'s Official site|
R&B singer performer who rose to fame after releasing his six-times Platinum-selling album My Way. His 2004 album Confessions became the fastest-selling R&B album in history.
Usher Before Fame
He started singing in his church choir at age nine and went to North Springs High School in Atlanta, Georgia. His first group was called the NuBeginnings.
Achievement of Usher
His 1997 hit "You Make Me Wanna..." reached #1 in the U.K. and "Nice & Slow" became a #1 U.S. single in 1998.
Usher Family Life
Associations of Usher
He worked to help Justin Bieber rise to fame with their collaboration song "Somebody To Love."
Information related to Usher (singer)
- Usher (singer) Category
- Honorific nicknames in popular music - Honorific nicknames in popular music are often religious, familial, or royal and aristocratic in nature and are used as a form of expression in the media, or to identify the significance of an artist by fans.
- Justin Bieber - Justin Drew Bieber is a Canadian singer and songwriter. After a talent manager discovered him through his YouTube videos covering songs in 2008 and signed to RBMG, Bieber released his debut EP, My World, in late 2009.
- Arista Records
- African-American crunk musicians
- Cleveland Cavaliers owners
- African-American choreographers
- African-American sports executives and administrators
- Businesspeople from Georgia (U.S. state)
- African-American male dancers
- American cosmetics businesspeople
- Male actors from Atlanta
- African-American film producers
- Film directors from Texas
- Teen idols
- Businesspeople from Tennessee
- World Music Awards winners
- Musicians from Dallas
- American fashion businesspeople
- African-American television personalities
- African-American film directors
- American tenors
- Male actors from Texas
- Musicians from Atlanta
- African-American male singers
- RCA Records artists
- American hip hop singers
- American rhythm and blues singer-songwriters
- American child singers
- American music video directors
- African-American record producers
- American music industry executives