Xi Jinping is a Chinese politician who has served as General Secretary of the Chinese Communist Party and Chairman of the Central Military Commission since 2012, and President of the People's Republic of China since 2013. Xi has been the paramount leader of China, the most prominent political leader in China, since 2012. The son of Chinese Communist veteran Xi Zhongxun, he was exiled to rural Yanchuan County as a teenager following his father's purge during the Cultural Revolution, and lived in a cave in the village of Liangjiahe, where he joined the CCP and worked as the party secretary. After studying chemical engineering at Tsinghua University as a "Worker-Peasant-Soldier student", Xi rose through the ranks politically in China's coastal provinces. Xi was Governor of Fujian from 1999 to 2002, before becoming Governor and Party Secretary of neighbouring Zhejiang from 2002 to 2007.
|Born||June 15, 1953, Beijing, People's Republic of China|
|Political party||Communist Party of China|
|Children||1 (Xi Mingze)|
|Education||Tsinghua University (BE, LLD)|
|Preceded by||Hu Jintao|
|IMDb||Xi Jinping's IMDb|
General Secretary of China's Communist Party who became the President and the de facto leader of the country in 2013. He has promoted the phrase the "Chinese Dream" as a slogan to describe the role of the individual in Chinese society.
He rose through China's political ranks swiftly, serving for three years as a provincial governor, then as a provincial Party chief, and in 2007 appointed Hu Jinato's successor.
After taking over the leadership of the country, he called for a renewed effort to stamp out corruption, and transparent governance.
His father Xi Zhongxun was a high-level communist official, which paved the way for his son's political ambitions.
He represented the fifth generation of Chinese communist leadership, which began with Jiang Zemin.
- Xi Jinping Category
- Presidents of the People's Republic of China
- Chinese male writers
- Vice Presidents of the People's Republic of China
- General Secretaries and Chairmen of the Communist Party of China
- Governors of Fujian
- Chinese nationalists
- Governors of Zhejiang
- Communist Party of China politicians from Beijing
- Sent-down youths
- Members of the 18th Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China
- Members of the 17th Politburo Standing Committee of the Communist Party of China
- People's Republic of China philosophers
- People's Republic of China politicians from Beijing
- Recipients of the Order of Abdulaziz al Saud
- Communist writers
- Communist rulers
- Chinese expatriates in the United States
- Recipients of the Olympic Order
- Victims of the Cultural Revolution
- Tsinghua University alumni
- Recipients of the Order of St. Andrew
Latest information about Xi Jinping updated on June 14 2021.