Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr. is an American professional boxing promoter and former professional boxer. He competed between 1996 and 2015, and made a one-fight comeback in 2017. During his career he won fifteen major world titles including The Ring in five weight classes, the lineal championship in four weight classes, and retired with an undefeated record. As an amateur, Mayweather won a bronze medal in the featherweight division at the 1996 Olympics, three U.S. Golden Gloves championships, and the U.S. national championship at featherweight. Mayweather was named "Fighter of the Decade" for the 2010s by the Boxing Writers Association of America, a two-time winner of The Ring magazine's Fighter of the Year award, a three-time winner of the BWAA Fighter of the Year award, and a six-time winner of the Best Fighter ESPY Award. In 2016, Mayweather was ranked by ESPN as the greatest boxer, pound for pound, of the last 25 years.
|Real name:||Floyd Joy Mayweather Jr.|
|Nickname(s):||Pretty Boy, Money, TBE ("The Best Ever")|
|Born:||Floyd Joy Sinclair, February 24, 1977, Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.|
|Stance:||"text-align:center, vertical-align:middle, "mw:Help:Magic words#Other, This page is a.|
|Wins by KO:||27|
|Twitter:||Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s IMDb|
About Floyd Mayweather Jr.
Five-division world champion boxer who won 15 world titles and became known for his loud mouth and brash personality. He improved his career record to 48-0 after defeating Manny Pacquiao in what was deemed the "Fight of the Century" in May 2015. He retired in 2017 with a record of 50-0.
In the 1996 Summer Olympic Games in Atlanta, he won a bronze medal as a featherweight.
He was named the highest paid athlete in the world by Forbes and Sports Illustrated in 2012 and 2013.
He is the son of Floyd Mayweather Sr., a former welterweight contender, and he's also the nephew of Jeff Mayweather and Roger Mayweather, who were both professional boxers. He has four children named Jirah, Iyanna, Koraun and Zion. He was engaged to Shantel Jackson, but the couple broke up before tying the knot.
He was best friends with 50 Cent, who attended his matches and training sessions.
Information related to Floyd Mayweather Jr.
- Criminals from Michigan
- Sportspeople from New Brunswick, New Jersey
- World light-middleweight boxing champions
- Boxing promoters
- Boxers from Michigan
- Olympic bronze medalists for the United States in boxing
- World light-welterweight boxing champions
- World super-featherweight boxing champions
- World welterweight boxing champions
- World lightweight boxing champions
- International Boxing Organization champions
- National Golden Gloves champions
- Sportspeople from Grand Rapids, Michigan
- American people convicted of assault
- Olympic boxers of the United States
- Boxers at the 1996 Summer Olympics
- Light-flyweight boxers
- World Boxing Organization champions
- African-American boxers
- International Boxing Federation champions
- World Boxing Council champions
- American prisoners and detainees
- World Boxing Association champions
- Flyweight boxers