Francois "Faf" du Plessis is a South African international cricketer and former captain of the South Africa national cricket team. A right-handed middle order batsman and part-time leg spin bowler, du Plessis has played South African domestic cricket for Northerns and the Titans, as well as matches for Lancashire, the Chennai Super Kings, the Rising Pune Supergiants and the Melbourne Renegades. He made his Test debut in November 2012, he became the fourth South African to score a Test century on debut. Du Plessis was subsequently also named T20 captain of South Africa for the following Twenty20 series against New Zealand and confirmed full-time skipper in Feb 2013. Du Plessis took over the Test captaincy in December 2016 and assumed full-time captaincy in all formats of the game in August 2017 after teammate and former captain AB de Villiers relinquished the two limited overs captaincies.
|Full name:||Francois du Plessis|
|Born:||July 13, 1984, Pretoria, Transvaal Province, South Africa|
|Height:||5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)|
|Bowling style:||Right-arm leg-break|
About Faf Du Plessis
Batsman and bowler who has played domestically for teams like the Chennai Super Kings. He represented his native South Africa in the 2011 Cricket World Cup and was named as one of five Players Of The Year the same season.
He graduated from the University of Pretoria and made his domestic debut with Northerns in 2004.
He is one of the few batsman to average over 50 in Test play for his career.
His cousin is the rugby player Marcel du Plessis.
He and Lonwabo Tsotsobe both played for South Africa in the 2011 Cricket World Cup.
Information related to Faf du Plessis
- University of Pretoria cricketers
- Titans cricketers
- St Kitts and Nevis Patriots cricketers
- Kolpak cricketers
- Melbourne Renegades cricketers
- South Africa Twenty20 International cricketers
- Chennai Super Kings cricketers
- Cricketers who made a century on Test debut
- South Africa One Day International cricketers
- Northerns cricketers
- Cricketers at the 2015 Cricket World Cup
- Cricketers at the 2011 Cricket World Cup
- University of Pretoria alumni
- Sportspeople from Pretoria
- South Africa Test cricketers