Charles Joseph Scarborough is an American cable news host. He is currently the co-host of Morning Joe on MSNBC with his wife Mika Brzezinski. He previously hosted Scarborough Country on the same network. Before that he was a lawyer and a politician, serving in the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 2001 as a Republican for the 1st district of Florida. Scarborough was also a visiting fellow at the Harvard Institute of Politics at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government. He was named in the 2011 Time 100 as one of the most influential people in the world.
|Born:||Charles Joseph Scarborough, April 9, 1963, Atlanta, Georgia, U.S.|
|Political party:||Independent (since 2017)|
|Other political affiliations:||Republican (before 2017)|
|Residence:||New Canaan, Connecticut, U.S.|
|Education:||University of Alabama (BA), University of Florida (JD)|
|Preceded by:||Earl Hutto|
|Succeeded by:||Jeff Miller|
|Twitter:||Joe Scarborough's Twitter profile|
About Joe Scarborough
Republican lawyer, television and radio personality, and host of Morning Joe on MSNBC. As an attorney, he famously represented Michael F. Griffin, the man accused of murdering David Gunn, a physician who performed abortions.
He attended the University of Alabama and the University of Florida College of Law.
He penned several politically-themed books, including The Last Best Hope and The Right Path: From Ike to Reagan, How Republicans Once Mastered Politics--and Can Again.
His first two marriages -- to Melanie Hinton and Susan Waren -- produced a total of three sons and one daughter. He later got engaged to his co-host, Mika Brzezinski, in 2017.
Like Rachel Maddow, he worked for MSNBC.
Information related to Joe Scarborough
- Cable news in the United States - Cable news channels are television networks devoted to television news broadcasts, with the name deriving from the proliferation of such networks during the 1980s with the advent of cable television.
- New Yorkers in journalism - New York City has been called the media capital of the world. An integral component of this status is the significant array of journalists who report about international, American, business, entertainment, and New York metropolitan area-related matters from Manhattan.
- Musicians from Pensacola, Florida
- Connecticut Independents
- Brzezinski family
- Members of the United States House of Representatives from Florida
- MSNBC people
- Radio personalities from New York City
- Writers from Atlanta
- Musicians from Atlanta
- Florida lawyers
- University of Alabama alumni
- American talk radio hosts
- Florida Republicans