Kari Lehtonen is a Finnish professional ice hockey goaltender who is currently an unrestricted free agent. He previously played for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. He was selected second overall in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft by the Atlanta Thrashers, becoming the highest-drafted European goaltender, as well as being tied with Patrik Laine, Alexander Barkov and Kaapo Kakko for the highest-drafted Finnish player in NHL history.
About Kari Lehtonen
Goaltender who won a bronze medal in the 2014 Olympics and made his NHL debut during the 2003-2004 season with the Atlanta Thrashers.
He played for Jokerit in SM-liiga, Finland's premiere hockey league.
He was traded to the Dallas Stars in 2010.
He was born in Helsinki, Finland.
While playing for the Stars, he used a mask that featured action star Chuck Norris on it.
Information related to Kari Lehtonen
- Atlanta Thrashers draft picks
- Finnish ice hockey goaltenders
- Atlanta Thrashers players
- Olympic ice hockey players of Finland
- Jokerit players
- Dallas Stars players
- Olympic bronze medalists for Finland
- Chicago Wolves players
- Sportspeople from Helsinki
- Ice hockey players at the 2014 Winter Olympics
- Medalists at the 2014 Winter Olympics