Mark Elliot Zuckerberg is an American internet entrepreneur and philanthropist. He is known for co-founding Facebook, Inc. and serves as its chairman, chief executive officer, and controlling shareholder. He also is a co-founder of the solar sail spacecraft development project Breakthrough Starshot and serves as one of its board members. Born in White Plains, New York, Zuckerberg attended Harvard University, where he launched the Facebook social networking service from his dormitory room on February 4, 2004, with college roommates Eduardo Saverin, Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz, and Chris Hughes. Originally launched to select college campuses, the site expanded rapidly and eventually beyond colleges, reaching one billion users by 2012. Zuckerberg took the company public in May 2012 with majority shares. His net worth is estimated to be nearly $54 billion as of March 2020. In 2007, at age 23, he became the world's youngest self-made billionaire.
|Born:||Mark Elliot Zuckerberg, May 14, 1984, White Plains, New York, U.S.|
|Education:||Ardsley High School (1998–2000), Phillips Exeter Academy (2000–2002), Harvard University (2002–2004)|
|Occupation:||Internet entrepreneur, philanthropist|
|Known for:||Co-founding and leading Facebook, Inc.|
|Home town:||Dobbs Ferry, New York, U.S.|
|Net worth:||US$76.4 billion (May 2020)|
|Title:||Founder and CEO of Facebook, Inc, Co-founder and co-CEO of Chan Zuckerberg Initiative|
|Relatives:||Randi Zuckerberg (sister), Donna Zuckerberg (sister)|
|Website:||Mark Zuckerberg's Official site|
|Twitter:||Mark Zuckerberg's Twitter profile|
|Instagram:||Mark Zuckerberg's Instagram profile|
|Facebook:||Mark Zuckerberg's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Mark Zuckerberg's IMDb|
About Mark Zuckerberg
Programmer and businessman who co-founded Facebook, a social networking website, at age 20 and took it public in 2012.
He was a member of his high school fencing team and attended Harvard University.
He became the world's youngest billionaire after founding a social media site in 2004. In 2015 he was worth over $30 billion.
He has a sister named Randi. He married his longtime girlfriend Priscilla Chan in 2012. They have two daughters named Max and August.
He was portrayed by Jesse Eisenberg in The Social Network, a film about the conception of Facebook.
Information related to Mark Zuckerberg
- Criticism of Facebook - Criticism of Facebook has led to international media coverage and significant reporting of its legal troubles and the outsize influence it has on the lives and health of its users and employees, as well on its influence on the way media, specifically news, is reported and distributed.
- Mark Zuckerberg book club - Mark Zuckerberg book club aka A Year of Books was an online book club hosted by Mark Zuckerberg through his personal Facebook account started in January 2015. Zuckerberg made a book recommendation every two weeks for a year to his millions of Facebook followers.
- Directors of Facebook
- Former atheists and agnostics
- Facebook employees
- Life extensionists
- Nerd culture
- Businesspeople from the San Francisco Bay Area
- Giving Pledgers
- American chairmen of corporations
- American computer programmers
- American technology company founders
- Phillips Exeter Academy alumni
- American Internet celebrities
- Jewish American philanthropists
- American computer businesspeople