Osamu Tezuka is a Japanese manga, animator, and animator. Born in Osaka Prefecture, abundant production, pioneering technique and a creative redefinition of the genre have earned him titles such as "The Father of Manga", "The Godfather of Manga" and "The God of Manga Taste" . Additionally, he's often seen as the Japanese equivalent of Walt Disney, who was the primary inspiration during Tezuka's founding years. While this line praises the quality of his early children's cartoons and manga, it also blurs the significant influence of his later gekiga works. Tezuka started the manga revolution in Japan with New Treasure Island released in 1947. Its production will produce some of the most influential, successful and best-received comic book series, including the children's story Astro Boy, The Princess Knight and the White Lion Kimba, and the adult series Black Jack, Phoenix and Buddha, all of them have won a number of awards.
|Born||November 3, 1928, Toyonaka, Osaka, Japan|
|Died||February 9, 1989, Tokyo, Japan|
|Education||Nara Medical University (M.D, (PhD.) 1961)|
|Occupation||Manga artist, animator, cartoonist|
|Organization||Mushi Production, Tezuka Productions|
|Notable work||Astro Boy, Kimba the White Lion, Princess Knight, Phoenix, Dororo, Buddha, Black Jack|
|Children||Makoto Tezuka, Rumiko Tezuka|
|Osamu Tezuka's Facebook|
|IMDb||Osamu Tezuka's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Osamu Tezuka's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify||Osamu Tezuka's Spotify|
|iTunes||Osamu Tezuka's iTunes|
Japanese cartoonist most recognized for his contributions to Anime, including Kimba the White Lion and Metropolis.
He spent his youth attending productions at the Takarazuka Theatre with his mother.
He was once dubbed the "Godfather of Anime."
He was the oldest of three children.
He was widely regarded as the Japanese version of the celebrated American animator Walt Disney.
- Osamu Tezuka category
- Makoto Tezuka - Makoto Tezuka, officially Macoto Tezka, is a Japanese anime director and director, born in Tokyo. He describes himself as an animator and is involved in the creation of films beyond cinema and animation.
- The Tezuka Prize - The Tezuka Prize is a semi-annual comic book prize awarded by Japanese publisher Shueisha since 1971, under the auspices of Weekly Shonen Jump magazine. It rewards new manga artists in the Manga category.
- Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award - Named after Osamu Tezuka, the Tezuka Osamu Cultural Award is the annual manga award given to manga artists or their works according to the Osamu Tezuka manga approach brilliantly led by establishment and sponsorship Asahi Shimbun. The award has been awarded since 1997 in Tokyo, Japan.
- Tezuka Productions - Tezuka Manufacturing Ltd. is a Japanese animation studio founded by Osamu Tezuka in 1968. He is known for his notable works such as Marvelous Melmo, the 1980 and 2003 Astro Boy series, and Black Jack.
- Tokiwa-sō - Tokiwa-sō is an apartment building in Toshima, Tokyo, Japan, famous for being the first residence of many famous manga artists.
- Japanese graphic novelists
- Japanese designers
- Japanese television writers
- Japanese TV Producers
- Manga artists from Hyōgo Prefecture
- Mechanical designer (Mecha)
- Japanese designers
- Japanese anime producers
- The Japanese of the Shōwa period
- Japanese television directors
- Anime scriptwriters
- Winner of the Kodansha Manga Award (Compilation)
- Japanese film producers
- Japanese Agronomy
- Winner of the Kodansha Manga (Shōnen) Prize
- Alumni of Osaka University
- Anime character creator
- The Will Eisner Award Hall of Fame is presented
- Japanese illustrator
- Anime director
- Japanese animation
- Japanese artists
- Japanese screenwriters
- Asian film producers
- Japanese director
Latest information about Osamu Tezuka updated on June 14 2021.