Rance Howard was an American actor who starred in film and on television. He was the father of actor and filmmaker Ron Howard and actor Clint Howard, and grandfather of the actresses Bryce Dallas Howard and Paige Howard. Howard appeared in many notable films such as Cool Hand Luke, Chinatown, Splash, Ed Wood, Apollo 13, Independence Day, A Beautiful Mind, Cinderella Man, Frost/Nixon, Nebraska, and Max Rose. For co-producing the television film The Time Crystal, he received a Primetime Emmy Award for Outstanding Children's Program.
|Born:||Harold Rance Beckenholdt, November 17, 1928, Duncan, Oklahoma, U.S.|
|Died:||November 25, 2017, Los Angeles, California, U.S.|
|Resting place:||Hollywood Forever Cemetery|
|Alma mater:||University of Oklahoma|
|Children:||Ron Howard, Clint Howard|
|Relatives:||Bryce Dallas Howard (granddaughter), Paige Howard (granddaughter)|
|IMDb:||Rance Howard's IMDb|
About Rance Howard
Actor who has appeared in numerous roles in TV and film, including How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Ed Wood and Gung Ho.
He changed his name when he decided to become an actor.
He was married to actress, Jean Speegle Howard until her death, and then got remarried to Judy Howard.
He had a minor role in A Beautiful Mind, directed by his son, Ron Howard.
Information related to Rance Howard
- Hoyt Axton - Hoyt Wayne Axton was an American folk music singer-songwriter, guitarist, and a film and television actor. He became prominent in the early 1960s, establishing himself on the West Coast as a folk singer with an earthy style and powerful voice.
- Howard acting family
- Male actors from Oklahoma
- Burials at Hollywood Forever Cemetery
- United States Air Force personnel
- University of Oklahoma alumni