Yuja Wang is a classical Chinese pianist. She was born in Beijing, began studying piano there at the age of 6, and went on to study at the Beijing Central Conservatory and Curtis Academy of Music in Philadelphia. At the age of 21, she was an internationally renowned concert pianist, having performed solo around the world. She has a recording contract with Deutsche Grammophon. In an interview with the Los Angeles Times, she said, "For me to play music is to be transported to a different way of life, a different way of life. An actress does it." Yuja Wang lives in New York.
|Born||February 10, 1987, Beijing|
|Yuja Wang's Twitter|
|Yuja Wang's Instagram|
|Yuja Wang's Facebook|
|IMDb||Yuja Wang's IMDb|
|Spotify||Yuja Wang's Spotify|
World-renowned Chinese concert pianist who has performed with groups like Tonhalle Orchestra and New York Philharmonic. She won the Echo Klassik Award for Young Artist of the Year in 2011.
She began studying piano in Beijing at age six and went on to attend the Central Conservatory of Music.
Her performance of the famous piece "Flight of the Bumblebee" at the Verbier Festival went viral, earning more than three and a half million views on YouTube.
Her mother is dancer Zhai Jieming and her father is percussionist Wang Jianguo.
She released a DVD on which she performs Sergei Prokofiev's famous piece "Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major."
- New York City Chinese - The New York City metropolitan area is home to the largest and largest Chinese population outside of Asia, welcoming Chinese people representing all 34 provincial administrative units of China. .
- Beijing musicians
- Chinese classical pianist
- Musicians from the People's Republic of China
- Americans from overseas to the United States
- Curtis Institute of Music Alumni
- Female classical pianist
Latest information about Yuja Wang updated on June 14 2021.