Eric Gordon Murray is a retired New Zealand rower and gold medalist at the 2012 London Olympic Games, as well as at the 2016 Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games. He won four consecutive World Rowing Championship gold medals and set two world best times.
|Twitter:||Eric Murray (rower)'s Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Eric Murray (rower)'s Facebook profile|
|Youtube:||Eric Murray (rower)'s Youtube channel|
About Eric Murray
Record-setting rower who has dominated the competition by winning seven gold medals at the Rowing World Championships from 2007 to 2014. In 2012, he won his first Olympic gold medal.
He first represented New Zealand at the Olympic Games in 2004.
He set a new world record on the indoor rowing machine by going 18,728 meters in an hour in December 2011.
He married a woman named Jackie, with whom he has a son named Zac.
He and golfer Lydia Ko are both recipients of the Halberg Supreme Award given to outstanding New Zealand athletes.
Information related to Eric Murray (rower)
- Olympic gold medalists for New Zealand in rowing
- Sportspeople from Hastings, New Zealand
- World Rowing Championships medalists for New Zealand
- Olympic rowers of New Zealand
- New Zealand male rowers
- Members of the New Zealand Order of Merit
- Rowers at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Rowers at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Rowers at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Rowers at the 2016 Summer Olympics