Mary Rebecca Whipple is an American coxswain. She competed at the 2012 Summer Olympics and at the 2008 Summer Olympics. She won a gold medal in women's eight at both competitions. She also competed at the 2004 Summer Olympics where she won a silver medal. As a coxswain, Whipple stands 5 ft 3 in and weighs in at 108 lb. As a freshman at the University of Washington, Mary coxed the women's varsity four to a national title in 1999. She coxed the varsity eight to victory at the Henley Royal Regatta in 2000, taking home the first-ever Henley Prize, while also coxing them to a silver medal in the NCAA championships as part of a second-place finish in the team standings that year. In 2001 and 2002, Mary coxed the varsity eight to back-to-back NCAA championships, and the Huskies also took home the team title in 2001. Mary has an identical twin sister Sarah Jeanine Whipple.
|Mary Whipple's Twitter|
Rower who is the coxswain, she won back-to-back gold medals at the 2008 and 2012 Olympics in the eights event.
She attended the University of Washington, where she won back-to-back NCAA Championships in the eights event.
In 2011 she won her first World Championships gold medal.
She has an identical twin, Sarah, who is a crew coach.
She is from the same city - Sacramento - as fellow 2012 Olympic medalist Haley Anderson.
- Kate Johnson - Katherine Johnson is an American rower who won a silver medal at the Athens 2004 Olympic Games in the women's eight. Johnson and her team won gold at the World Rowing Cups in Munich and Lucerne in 2004 prior to competing at the Olympic games.
- Erin Cafaro - Erin Jane Cafaro is an American rower. She competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where she won a gold medal in the women's eight. At the 2012 London Olympics she won her second consecutive gold medal in the women's eight.
- Anna (Mickelson) Cummins - Anna Cummins is an American rower who won a gold medal at the 2008 Summer Olympics and a silver medal at the 2004 Summer Olympics in the women's eight.
- Caryn Davies - Caryn Davies is an American rower. She won gold medals as the stroke seat in women's eight at the 2012 Summer Olympics and the 2008 Summer Olympics.
- Susan Francia - Zsuzsanna Francia is an American rower. Growing up in Abington, Pennsylvania, she attended Abington Senior High School, followed by the University of Pennsylvania, graduating in 2004 with a bachelors and a master's degree in Criminology and Sociology.
- Anna Goodale - Anna Goodale is an American rower. She competed at the 2008 Summer Olympics, where she won a gold medal in women's eight. As reported by Olympic news outlet, Goodale announced in June 2011 that she was officially retired from rowing and planned to move to Ecuador with her father.
- Olympic silver medalists for the United States in rowing
- American female rowers
- Olympic gold medalists for the United States in rowing
- Sportspeople from Sacramento, California
- Coxswains (rowing)
- Rowers at the 2004 Summer Olympics
- Rowers at the 2008 Summer Olympics
- Rowers at the 2012 Summer Olympics
- Olympic rowers of the United States
Latest information about Mary Whipple updated on April 29 2021.