Flora Brovina is a Kosovar Albanian poet, pediatrician and women's rights activist. She was born in the town of Skenderaj in the Drenica Valley of Kosovo, and was raised in Prishtina, where she went to school and began studying medicine. After finishing her university studies in Zagreb, where she specialized in pediatrics, she returned to Kosovo and worked for a time as a journalist for the Albanian-language daily newspaper Rilindja. Soon thereafter, she returned to the health care profession and worked for many years in the Pediatrics Ward of the Pristina General Hospital.
|Facebook:||Flora Brovina's Facebook profile|
About Flora Brovina
Albanian poet, activist, and doctor known for a 1973 poetry collection entitled Verma emrin tim (Call Me by My Name). Her other works include Bimë e ze and Mat e cmat.
She studied medicine in Zagreb and became a pediatrician.
She was kidnapped and imprisoned during the Kosovo War.
She was raised primarily by women and became a women's rights activist in her adulthood.
She and violinist Ted Papavrami are famous Albanians.
Information related to Flora Brovina
- Rreze Abdullahu - Rreze Abdullahu Ferizaj, Kosovo is a Kosovo Albanian writer. She is best known for Nuk du luftë, a wartime diary she kept as a child during the 1999 Kosovo conflict. The diary is written in her native Gheg dialect.
- Mimoza Ahmeti - Mimoza Ahmeti from Kruja is an Albanian woman poet.
- Lindita Arapi - Lindita Arapi is an Albanian writer and journalist. She is cited as a noteworthy example of a generation of female Albanian writers. Together with her contemporaries, Ervin Hatibi, Agron Tufa, and Rudian Zekthi, Arapi is one of Albania's present-day literary avant-garde writers.
- Klara Buda - Klara Buda is an Albanian American journalist and writer. She is the former head of the Albanian Department of Radio France Internationale, which she left in 2010. Buda has also worked for UNESCO and the BBC. She is of French nationality and Albanian ethnicity.
- Diana Culi - Diana Culi, also Diana Çuli, is an Albanian writer, journalist and politician. She graduated from the Faculty of Philosophy of the University of Tirana in 1973. After graduation she joined the editorial boards of Drita and French-speaking magazine Les lettres albanaises.
- Elvira Dones - Elvira Dones is an Albanian novelist, screenwriter, and documentary film producer. Born in the coastal city of Durrës Dones graduated from the State University of Tirana. In 1988 she was employed by Albanian State Television and in this capacity traveled to Switzerland, where she defected.
- Kosovan poets
- Kosovan writers
- Albanian women writers
- Albanian feminists
- Kosovan activists
- Kosovan women in politics
- Albanian women poets
- Albanian writers
- 20th-century Albanian poets