Gillian Mary Donaldson is a British former fencer and Olympic champion in foil competition. She won a gold medal in the women's individual foil event at the 1956 Summer Olympics in Melbourne. She also competed at the 1952 and 1960 Summer Olympics.
This champion fencer won an individual gold medal in the women's foil event at the Summer Olympics of 1956. She later competed in the 1960 Olympics in Rome, Italy.
She made her Olympic debut at the 1952 summer games in Helsinki, Finland.
She won several British Fencing Championships over the course of her career.
Born and raised in London, England, she later settled in New York, U.S.A., with her dentist husband, Dr. Donaldson.
She and German athlete Thomas Bach are both Olympic gold-medal-winning fencers.
- Fencers at the 1958 British Empire and Commonwealth Games
- English fencers
- English dentists
- People educated at Queen's College, London
- British female fencers
- Commonwealth Games medallists in fencing
- Fencers at the 1956 Summer Olympics
- Olympic fencers of Great Britain
- Fencers at the 1952 Summer Olympics
- Fencers at the 1960 Summer Olympics
- English Olympic medallists
- Olympic gold medallists for Great Britain
- Commonwealth Games gold medallists for England
Latest information about Gillian Sheen updated on May 10 2021.