Glenn Close is an American actress and producer. “Long considered one of the great actresses of our time,” she has received numerous awards, including three Primetime Emmy Awards, three Tony Awards and three Golden Globe Awards. She has also been nominated eight times for the Oscars, holding the record for most actress nominations without winning. With an eighth nomination in 2021, she became one of the five most nominated actresses in academy history. In 2016, she was inducted into the American Theater Hall of Fame and in 2019, Time magazine named her one of the 100 Most Influential People in the World. Born to wealthy and progressive parents, Close majored in drama and anthropology at William & Mary University. She began her professional theater career in 1974 with Love for Love and was primarily a New York stage actress until the early 1980s
|Born||March 19, 1947, Greenwich, Connecticut, U.S.|
|Alma mater||College of William & Mary|
|Partner(s)||John Starke (1987–1991)|
|Parent(s)||William Close (father)|
|Glenn Close's Instagram|
|IMDb||Glenn Close's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Glenn Close's Rotten Tomatoes|
|Spotify||Glenn Close's Spotify|
|iTunes||Glenn Close's iTunes|
Award-winning actress known for her lead performances in the movies Fatal Attraction and Dangerous Liaisons. She earned Academy Award nominations for her supporting roles in The Big Chill, The Natural and The World According to Garp. She also earned a nomination for Best Actress for her role in The Wife.
Her family was involved in a cult group, the Moral Re-Armament, throughout her childhood. Her debut film was in 1982's The World According to Garp.
She was been nominated for seven Academy Awards; but never won. She was inducted in the the American Theatre Hall of Fame in 2016.
She was been married three times. She has a daughter named Annie from her relationship with John Starke.
She had a dangerous affair with Michael Douglas in the movie Fatal Attraction.
- The actress is originally from Greenwich, Connecticut
- Outstanding performance by an actress in the lead role, award winner of the Screen Actors Association
- Outstanding performance by an actress in a TV series or by Award Winner of a Television Actors Association
- The Independent Spirit Award goes to the winner of the Best Female Lead Award
- Outstanding performance by an actress in the Primetime Emmy Award-winning TV Series
- Best TV Series or Golden Globe Award for Drama Actress
- Best Actress with the Golden Globe Award (television)
- The lead actress' outstanding performance in the Primetime miniseries or film won the Emmy award
- Best Actress won the Golden Globe Award (film)
- Mental health activists
- Alumni Choate Rosemary Hall
- Obie Award recipient
- Democrat of Connecticut
- Drama Desk, winner of the award
- William & Mary University graduates
Latest information about Glenn Close updated on June 14 2021.