Jessica Phyllis Lange is an American actress. She is the 13th actress to achieve the Triple Crown of Acting, having won two Academy Awards, three Primetime Emmy Awards, and a Tony Award, along with a Screen Actors Guild Award and five Golden Globe Awards. Additionally, she is the second actress to win the Academy Award for Best Actress after winning the Academy Award for Best Supporting Actress, the third actress and first performer since 1943 to receive two Oscar nominations in the same year, the fifth actress and ninth performer to win Oscars in both the lead and supporting acting categories, and tied for the sixth most Oscar-nominated actress. Lange holds the record for most nominations for the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Miniseries or Television Film. She is the only performer ever to win Primetime Emmy Awards in both the Outstanding Supporting Actress and Outstanding Lead Actress categories for the same miniseries.
|Born||Jessica Phyllis Lange, April 20, 1949, Cloquet, Minnesota, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actress, photographer, producer|
|Partner(s)||Mikhail Baryshnikov, (c. 1976, sep. 1982), Sam Shepard, (c. 1982, sep. 2009)|
|Children||3, including Shura Baryshnikov|
|IMDb||Jessica Lange's IMDb|
|Rotten Tomatoes||Jessica Lange's Rotten Tomatoes|
Won the Best Actress Academy Award in 1983 for her role in Tootsie and appeared in Prozac Nation. In 2009, she won a Screen Actors Guild Award for her role in Grey Gardens. She has also gained praise for her various roles on the FX series American Horror Story and as Joan Crawford on the FX series Feud: Bette and Joan.
She studied to become a mime while in Paris.
She made her film debut in the movie King Kong.
She married Fancisco Grande in 1970 and they remained married for eleven years. She has two daughters named Hannah and Alexandra and a son named Samuel.
Christina Ricci worked with her in the film Prozac Nation.
- Jessica Lange Category
- Jessica Lange bibliography
- HIV/AIDS activists
- Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Drama Series Screen Actors Guild Award winners
- Female models from Minnesota
- Actresses from Duluth, Minnesota
- Best Miniseries or Television Movie Actress Golden Globe winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or Movie Primetime Emmy Award winners
- Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe (television) winners
- Outstanding Performance by a Lead Actress in a Miniseries or Movie Primetime Emmy Award winners
- New Star of the Year (Actress) Golden Globe winners
- Best Drama Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe (film) winners
- Best Actress Academy Award winners
- Actresses from Minnesota
- Best Supporting Actress Academy Award winners
- American expatriates in Mexico
- American humanitarians
- Minnesota Democrats
- American expatriates in France
Latest information about Jessica Lange updated on May 10 2021.