Jan Ingemar Stenmark is a former World Cup alpine ski racer from Sweden. He is regarded as one of the most prominent Swedish athletes ever, and as the greatest slalom and giant slalom specialist of all time. He competed for Tärna IK Fjällvinden.
|Club:||Tärna IK Fjällvinden|
|Born:||March 18, 1956, Joesjö, Sweden|
|Medals:||3 (2 gold)|
|Medals:||4 (3 gold)|
|Wins:||86 (46 GS, 40 SL)|
About Ingemar Stenmark
Swedish alpine skier who won 1980 Olympic gold medals in the Giant Slalom and Slalom events.
He made his Olympic debut with a bronze medal finish at the 1976 Innsbruck games.
He was also a three-time World Championship gold medalist.
He got married to Ann Ufhagen in 1984.
He was one of Sweden's most notable '70s athletes, along with Bjorn Borg .
Information related to Ingemar Stenmark
- Swedish expatriates in Monaco
- Swedish male alpine skiers
- Olympic alpine skiers of Sweden
- FIS Alpine Ski World Cup champions
- Alpine skiers at the 1976 Winter Olympics
- Medalists at the 1976 Winter Olympics
- Alpine skiers at the 1980 Winter Olympics
- Holmenkollen medalists
- Medalists at the 1980 Winter Olympics
- Alpine skiers at the 1988 Winter Olympics
- Olympic medalists in alpine skiing
- Olympic gold medalists for Sweden
- Olympic bronze medalists for Sweden