John Anthony White is an American singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer. He is best known as the lead singer and guitarist of the duo The White Stripes, but has also had success in other bands and as a solo artist. White has enjoyed consistent critical and popular success and is widely credited as one of the key artists in the garage rock revival of the 2000s. He has won twelve Grammy Awards, and all three of his solo albums have reached number one on the Billboard charts. Rolling Stone ranked him number 70 on its 2010 list of "The 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time". David Fricke's 2011 list ranked him at number 17. After moonlighting in several underground Detroit bands as a drummer, White founded The White Stripes with fellow Detroit native and then-wife Meg White in 1997. Their 2001 breakthrough album, White Blood Cells, brought them international fame with the hit single and accompanying music video "Fell in Love with a Girl".
|Born:||John Anthony Gillis, July 09, 1975, Detroit, Michigan, U.S.|
|Education:||Cass Technical High School|
|Occupation:||Singer, songwriter, musician, music producer|
|Twitter:||Jack White's Twitter profile|
|Facebook:||Jack White's Facebook profile|
|IMDb:||Jack White's IMDb|
|Spotify:||Jack White's Spotify|
About Jack White
Guitarist, vocalist, and founder of garage band The White Stripes who went on to assemble other groups like The Dead Weather.
He learned about punk music while working an upholstery apprenticeship. He started playing drums when he was six years old.
He is considered #70 on the Rolling Stone 100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time list.
He collaborated with Alicia Keys on "Another Way to Die."
Information related to Jack White
- Meg White - Megan Martha White is an American drummer and occasional singer known for her work in the Detroit rock duo The White Stripes. Her music career began when, on a whim, she played on Jack White's drums in 1997. Jack was deeply inspired by her minimalist and un-schooled drumming style.
- Bert Baverstock - Herbert Baverstock was an English professional football full back who made over 360 appearances in the Football League for Bolton Wanderers. He made 388 appearances and scored four goals in total for the club.
- American marimbists
- Third Man Records artists
- One-man bands
- XL Recordings artists
- Cass Technical High School alumni
- American mandolinists
- Slide guitarists
- Alternative rock guitarists
- American tenors
- American music video directors
- Wayne State University alumni